Blazingfast & Anti-DDoS help?

ikfes

Apr 15, 2016
Hey, I bought my files from teamspeakcrack.com, which are basically the same ones as being shared here. (Stupid me xD, well at least i kept the project alive for rest of you).

Two days before, someone started to DDoS our WoW guild's TS3 server during raids. But it's not correctly being mitigated. Permanent anti-ddos mode helps, but some people have troubles connecting when it's enabled. So I wish to continue as sensor mode.

What i need help with, are there any firewall rules I could use on the server? I have the 10 USD VPS with 1gbps port, and only thing running from it would be the TS3 server. So even CPU intensive ip-tables would be acceptable. How do you guys handle DDoS attacks with blazingfast hosting?

Thank you for the answers in advance and best regards.

Hydra

Sep 13, 2015
Simply take a tcpdump and contact blazingfast support. Im sure they will help you to mitigate the attack ;)

ikfes

Apr 15, 2016
If this is the extend of their support, I doubt they find time to finetune anything for me. The guy simply copy-pasted hes earlier reply.

So I think iptables could help me out, but I have no idea what to put in there =/ Anyone wants to share his own rules?

410f6cebdfb2b2acb30c40ed209be2f9.png

e546fefaa724f13e6d7dd395518444d1.png
d10f5938841288ca7d8729cfe3f32198.png

ac00de72f2d6702ae5316daf80ec9209.png

4108a0932e3fd96730af7ad42f55bd7b.png

25cdbc970ecd957740ddfe3022b6ad58.png

Hydra

Sep 13, 2015
Im not a fan of iptables "DDoS Mitigation". You should first take a tcpdump and anaylse the traffic and put a rule only for that attack. If you dont know how that works you can send me the tcpdump and I will analyze it for you (Please not more then 1000 lines :O)

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
You need to give them tcp dumps and basically spend time talking to them till they find the best rule for your server. It can take a while before everything is perfect.
By the way, you should always be on permanent if you don't want your server to go down for 30s when under attack, but you will get a constant packetloss. What he's telling you to do is not cool, I guess they are just bored to apply different rules to everyone.
Blazingfast has a solid DDoS protection, but lots of issues with a teamspeak server. IPtables rules can help, but they are not really reliable for DDoS protection.

ikfes

Apr 15, 2016
You need to give them tcp dumps and basically spend time talking to them till they find the best rule for your server. It can take a while before everything is perfect.
By the way, you should always be on permanent if you don't want your server to go down for 30s when under attack, but you will get a constant packetloss. What he's telling you to do is not cool, I guess they are just bored to apply different rules to everyone.
Blazingfast has a solid DDoS protection, but lots of issues with a teamspeak server. IPtables rules can help, but they are not really reliable for DDoS protection.

I made some initial iptable rules. Can you help me test them out?

dino94

Sep 20, 2015
Hey @ikfes , just write to them, they will add some additional rules to your Firewall.. Had the same problem, got ddosed pretty hard, after they configured it, Im fine for like 10-15 days now!

Last edited:

ikfes

Apr 15, 2016
Blazingfast support is beyond horrible. They stated they cannot help me with custom firewall rules or tuning the anti-ddos.
I'm switching to living-bots tomorrow. Hopefully things will be better over there.

Hydra

Sep 13, 2015
Blazingfast support is beyond horrible. They stated they cannot help me with custom firewall rules or tuning the anti-ddos.
I'm switching to living-bots tomorrow. Hopefully things will be better over there.
Lol. Have fun getting bulled by Oliver :whistling:

Hydra

Sep 13, 2015
Please, elaborate? xD
Well. The owner of living-bots called oliver is a bit strange at all. Im not going to criticize him in public. Simply do not recommenend his services at all. Sometimes accounts gets suspended lol.

Hydra

Sep 13, 2015
He doesn't condone cracked TS3 servers? xD
Dunnow at all. Nobody allow them at all. But nobody searching them explicit. But im sure he will suspend your server if he hear it somewhere (ex. abuse)

ikfes

Apr 15, 2016
Dunnow at all. Nobody allow them at all. But nobody searching them explicit. But im sure he will suspend your server if he hear it somewhere (ex. abuse)

I can live with that.. A strange personality and does what he wants with expense of others.. Sounds like my dream hosting provider.