Blesta

XRV-Webix

May 2, 2016
Anyone here already worked with the Blesta control panel?
From their test install, i found it very simple and intuitive (something that i like). Their support say that if there is a missing functionality, their developpers work fast to make it available.
Some points that i liked very much in Blesta:
  • Easy to use (for clients and for admins).
  • Widget boxes.
  • Completely open (only the licensing files are crypted).
  • Possibility to customize completely the invoice template (on my test, i could even add a watermark on the paper).
  • Dashboard customization (show what you want/hide what you don't want).
  • Basic theme customization directly from the backoffice.
  • Use 1 install for several domains (you can have 1 install and several domains with each domain it's own template, logos, etc... You can have products with same or different prices across the domains).
  • Reselling (resell your products or the panel itself).
  • And the most attractive: the price.
I use WHMCS has my main control panel. But because of the above points, i am tempting to switch.
Any advice?

XRV-Webix

May 2, 2016
WHMCS its the best :) i use more than 4 years !!!!
I use it for 4 years too. What defines "best" ?
When i compare it to BILLmanager, it's quite balanced.
WHMCS is not a control panel that we can say it's "easy" to configure. Some things are very complex. And WHMCS is completely closed.

EscuderoKevin

Jul 2, 2015
I use it for 4 years too. What defines "best" ?
When i compare it to BILLmanager, it's quite balanced.
WHMCS is not a control panel that we can say it's "easy" to configure. Some things are very complex. And WHMCS is completely closed.

Yep , its Closed, but u can configure Servers , Blesta No. you can make ur addons or servers.

You can simple make your control panel for TS3 and add automatic UP with whmcs. and a lot of features...

Whmcs API its soo big and you can make a lot of things. WHMCS its more customize completely

XRV-Webix

May 2, 2016
Yep , its Closed, but u can configure Servers , Blesta No. you can make ur addons or servers.
You can simple make your control panel for TS3 and add automatic UP with whmcs. and a lot of features...
Whmcs API its soo big and you can make a lot of things. WHMCS its more customize completely
I guess you didn't saw Blesta. You can do all that in Blesta too.
Don't take me wrong, Blesta is more light and user friendly than WHMCS.
And by Blesta being "open" is meant that all the source code is open. Which means that you can modify the code to suite your needs. In WHMCS you can't do that.
My only negative point about Blesta is that he doesn't have enought modules (yet!), but he has a module builder. Which i found it pretty excelent.
If there isn't any module to connect and provision your server, just use the module builder. Create the fields, types of data, post targets and expected answers, etc... directly on the panel itself. No need to know coding to build your own module. Pretty nice and beats the WHMCS API.