Tutorial Block "Server" Spammer

Kieran

Tag me
Contributor
Jan 1, 2016
I'm not good at tutorials so maybe consider correcting mistakes/making the text more understandable for other people.

You have probably already seen something called "Server" on your TeamSpeak Server that sends messages to clients and advertises a service or something like that.
http://i.imgur.com/1FTD3cH.png
Blocking these "bots" is pretty easy.

First of all, open your TS settings to enable the "Advanced permissions system"(Tools > Options or ALT + P)
Go to "Application" and activate it in the "Misc" box.
After doing that, search your default channel (the channel that a new client joins when it connects).
Right click it and select "Channel Permissions".
You should now see something like this:

Search for "message" and look for "i_client_private_textmessage_power".
Set the value to 0. That means that every client in this channel has the client private message power of 0 until they leave it.

That SHOULD be it. However, if you still receive spam, follow these steps for additional security measures that will disallow the bot from spamming.

Now go to "Permissions > Server Groups" and select your Guest group (or just your default group)
Search for "message" again and set the "i_client_private_textmessage_power" to 0 here as well. Every client in the default group has a private message power of 0. They can't send any more messages until they get another group.

Now you only have to set the "i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power" and "i_client_private_textmessage_power" of every other group to something higher than 0. Don't forget to set the "i_client_private_textmessage_power" to something equal, or higher, than the "i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power" (NOT for the guest group!)

Guest/Default Server Group:

Example Server Group:

Last edited:

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
I really don't think this is the correct way of doing things. You should edit the guest serverquery permissions. (In this case it is a serverquery)

Kieran

Tag me
Contributor
Jan 1, 2016
I really don't think this is the correct way of doing things. You should edit the guest serverquery permissions. (In this case it is a serverquery)
No normal hoster lets you edit query permissions though.