Channel Voice quality & Codec bypass

zREIHDz

Jan 9, 2017
I have this question in my mind, how can i bypass the voice quality and codec of a channel?
I saw one guy that bypasses every time, every time whatever setting I put, he kept bypassing both codecs and quality, and I was curious to find out how he had done it, can someone help me?

P.S. I'm sorry for bad English, but I'm Italian..:rolleyes:

WolverinDEV

Restricted
Sep 21, 2015
Well there is no official option, but in reality the TeamSpeak 3 client takes the channel codec just as a "hint". So it tries to use that codec, but anyway each voice packt has its own header where the code type is embedded.
So what does it mean:
When you edit for example the channel data locally to another voice codec, you'll probably encode your voice in that codec, and other your could still hear you :)

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
could still hear you
This is basically how every single game hack works. The flaw here is that TeamSpeak 3 likely does client-side checking for some inputs. This is unacceptable, the server itself must enforce this codec quality or drop the packets coming in.

They are most likely just telling the client to "Please use this codec." but as WolverinDEV mentioned, all that it would take is perhaps a plugin or hooking TS3 to override the codec/quality settings. This is a perfect demonstration of how TeamSpeak 3 is kind of strange. I am curious what all could be changed with the voice data sending packets, like could someone specify an invalid codec e.g. codec ID -1, to then crash anyone receiving those voice packets. Maybe someone will test that?