Connect domain name to ts3 server

Agraham

May 15, 2015
Hi. I have domain on ovh site and I would like to connect to my ts3 server which has other than default port and there is a problem.
example
now i can connect in this way
xyz.com:ts3port
but how to setup dns on ovh website to connect to server without ts3 port on the end?
default port (9987) is reserved for another server.

Yolo

Jan 10, 2016
You can create a subdomain, or point your main domain (example, hello.com) to an A record. if you need i can point for you a record. :)

Yakuza112

Jan 24, 2016
No.

TSDNS is your option.
You can setup your main domain to connect to your teamspeak server with help of a subdomain

_ts3._udp IN SRV 0 0 XXXX ts.domain.com.
XXXX==Serverport

Now just point ts.domain.com with an A Record to your Teamspeak Server. You should be able to connect now with domain.com to your server

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
You can setup your main domain to connect to your teamspeak server with help of a subdomain

_ts3._udp IN SRV 0 0 XXXX ts.domain.com.
XXXX==Serverport

Now just point ts.domain.com with an A Record to your Teamspeak Server. You should be able to connect now with domain.com to your server
Totally true, you can make your domain SRV record point to a subdomain. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't understand correctly.
Exemple usage for my server :
Code:
;; SRV Records (Service locator)
_ts3._udp.ts.YOURSERVER.com.    300    IN    SRV    0            0    9987    ts.YOURSERVER.com.
_ts3._udp.YOURSERVER.com.    300    IN    SRV    0            0    9987    ts.YOURSERVER.com.

;; A Records (IPv4 addresses)
YOURSERVER.com.    300    IN    A    WHATEVERIP
ts.YOURSERVER.com.    300    IN    A    TSIP