Rejected Content Hide Feature....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja_Villain

May 11, 2015
So as the title says.... I think it would be a great idea to help build the forums with more messages/replies. Hide source code until replied or liked....
Hide images or downloads ect.... forces users to be part of the site and not just browsing leachers....

Features:
  • Six different BBCode to Hide Contents.
    1. [HIDE-REPLY] -> Content within this tag is not shown to user until he/she replies in that thread.
    2. [HIDE-POSTS] -> Content within this tag can only be seen by people's who have more posts than defined number of posts.
    3. [HIDE-THANKS] -> Content within can only be seen after the user click's "Like" button.
    4. [HIDE-REPLY-THANKS] -> Content within this tag is not shown to user until he/she either reply or press "Like" button.
    5. [SHOWTOGROUPS] -> Content within this tag is only shown to defined usergroups.
    6. [HIDE] -> This tag can be mapped to any of the above BBCodes. (Default - [HIDE-REPLY])
  • No Template or File Edits.
  • Case-Insensitive Tags.
  • Uses AJAX technology for (HIDE-REPLY, HIDE-THANKS, and HIDE-REPLY-THANKS).
  • Global and Per-Forum Basis XenForo settings for each tag.
  • Ability to specify usergroups that can always see hidden content.
  • There is no way to go around the tags. They are parsed correctly everywhere, including:
    • View Thread
    • Search
    • NewsFeed
    • Thread Preview
    • Email
    • Meta Description
I really think it will help keep the forums active.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/vfcoders-hide-hack-v1.1618/

-NinjaVillain

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I personally find these types of extensions to be spam generating. If someone has something useful to contribute, they will as long as they want to. If they are forced to reply/comment or click a like button to view content... that defeats the purpose of the like feature. People click like because they like what they see, this extension turns the like button into an unlock button, same with a reply and I'm not sure this is the right extension/plugin to encourage forum usage. I am open to other ideas to increase forum usage, but I just don't want something that is going to result in a bunch of: "Thanks for the post." so that someone can view a download link, lol.
Thank you for the idea though. :p

Ninja_Villain

May 11, 2015
I get ya. I was just trying to help build content. More posts = better hits on search engines. if you are trying to build the community that will help. but I see you points and will help try and figure out a different idea.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I fully agree that the forum could use more active members, I think that is going to come with more SEO. Right now the niche is mostly TeamSpeak 3, but TeamSpeak 3 is sending legal threats and filing DMCA reports to get the R4P3 out of search results for certain results. SEO is the main way websites are found out about, you get new users and thus active members (some choose to stick around). The easiest way to top SEO is to niche in areas where there is interest in searching for something and less competition in terms of existing material on other websites. For example, let's say R4P3 comes out with a TeamSpeak 3 Complaint Bot, after someone is victim to it they may research how they got banned and find our website and become interested in how to do it to others.
The number one way I know of to climb high up on SEO is to publish quality content. No number of spammed likes on a post, replies and so on quite does it. The algorithms search engines use are much more complex nowadays and it isn't about just keywords and reply count. We need to someway attract new users, when more new users come around and become permanent --- there is bound to be more activity from everyone. Our website used to be the top for "TeamSpeak 3 server crack", I think it was either rank 1 or 2, many visitors were coming... TeamSpeak 3 reported that Google search result and it got removed from results.

If you go search up TeamSpeak Protocol, you will see R4P3 on the front page of Google. This is a good step forward. Anyone researching into the TeamSpeak proprietary protocol may find their way there and help out (if they desire). This could speed up the process of developing the complaint bot, which sends 5 different connections and then complaints to 1 user, the person by default gets banned for 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.