Discord Cache

U

User_2092

I am just sharing this video for maybe some Discussion. What do you think about discords way of caching.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ewenjo

I think Discord should add a option to turn off caching and somewhere to clear the cache from the client. Nothing else.

Newcomer1989

May 8, 2016
Bro, thats the internet. Everything, which is shared with the public, is public.. forever! Sure it would be better, when the Discord client would delete files, which are deleted by their owner. However there are hundret other ways to save this files, when you want to do it, also when discord is cleaning the cache folder.

Anyway, TeamSpeak does exactly the same. Each image you saw on a server is saved into the cache folder, also if the owner removed this file (e.g. from a channel description). It is still in your cache folder. Ok, I didn't tested it, but I would be wondering, if TeamSpeak really removing it ;-)

Sure, that doesn't mean this way would be a good one. It is perhaps not state of the art in 2019, but it is still practise.
But I would be agree, the files should be deleted simply because of the storage space.

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
Bro, thats the internet. Everything, which is shared with the public, is public.. forever! Sure it would be better, when the Discord client would delete files, which are deleted by their owner. However there are hundret other ways to save this files, when you want to do it, also when discord is cleaning the cache folder.

Anyway, TeamSpeak does exactly the same. Each image you saw on a server is saved into the cache folder, also if the owner removed this file (e.g. from a channel description). It is still in your cache folder. Ok, I didn't tested it, but I would be wondering, if TeamSpeak really removing it ;-)

Sure, that doesn't mean this way would be a good one. It is perhaps not state of the art in 2019, but it is still practise.
But I would be agree, the files should be deleted simply because of the storage space.
Teamspeak at least gives you the option to clear the cache.

sN8Cept.png