Do you guys think Discord is killing TeamSpeak and Forums? (slowly)

Daica

Aug 18, 2015
At first, I was, and still am a die hard TeamSpeak user. I have my own server with only about 20 people on at peak hours. I like to be able to manage my own server and host it anywhere I like.
When DIscord came out, I didn't like it. However, I did LOVE the design and layout. It'd much more modern and the fact that it works on almost any browser is awesome.

Slowly and slowly, I am more drawn towards Discord due to the updates. Supports for Images, more custom emojis, GIFs, Youtube Videos, Syntax Styling and more. And making a bot for the Discord server is so easy anyone can do it (almost).

The only reasons why I still do not like Discord is because I have no control over the server. I want to be able to host my own server like Teamspeak, and teamspeak's permission system is still more advanced.

I really love teamspeak and all, but I really hope the new update brings new life to teamspeak. I really hate to admit it, but discord is killing it right now

bindik

VIP
May 10, 2016
Who doesnt think that? :D Also I think its not only about slots, server bullshit but also about support for dev support. People like to mess around, customize stuff. Their plugin SDK is old, broken and missing features for few years. No "Plugin support" for servers. Features like this would make TS little bit more cool (I believe).

Also regarding slot, server issue - 50-80 slot is ideal step for no license if they would decide to go this way.