ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT : SinusBot web interface

Grid

Dec 31, 2015
Hey guys,

So I recently installed SinusBot on one of my VPS's (running Ubuntu 16.04 x64) and I'm having some problems with it.

First (strange) problem : if I type in puTTY "service sinusbot stop", I won't be able to turn the service back ON, even if I type "service sinusbot start".
When running "service sinusbot status" it will tell me that the PID of SB got killed without specifiying the reason.
The only I found to fix it is to restart my VPS.

Second (big) issue : Once I get SinusBot to work "properly" on my VPS, my music bots connect to the specified channels without any problem, but the thing is that when I try to access to SB's control panel/web interface, both Google Chrome and Firefox give me a "timed out" error (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT).

Could you please help me to fix these lil' issues I'm having please ?

P.S 1 : I used sinusbot-installer.de for an easier installation.
P.S 2 : After installing SinusBot, I installed OpenVPN on my VPS without rebooting between those two installations.
Before installing OpenVPN, SB was running perfectly fine, but when I removed OpenVPN (because I couldn't manage to get it to work) and restarted my VPS, SinusBot started giving me those strange errors I told you about above in my post.

Last edited:

Grid

Dec 31, 2015
"-bash: setenforce: command not found"
When trying to run the command you gave me as root.

KissKiss

May 21, 2015
Do you have some sort of IPTables rules blocking it?

Try publishing "iptables --list" result here.

Grid

Dec 31, 2015
Do you have some sort of IPTables rules blocking it?

Try publishing "iptables --list" result here.
I wasn't using iptables, I disabled it and started using ufw (way easier to use imo).
Anyways, I've been working on that issue for the last 3h and couldn't find out why OpenVPN fucked all my other apps running on my vps, so I restored it to an old snapshot I made 2 days ago.
Thank you for helping me anyways :).