[Fixed] Teamspeak Client 3.1 Show Connected By IP ??

Mpsmith

Dec 21, 2015
Hello R4P3 Community I've Upgrade Teamspeak Client To Beta Version few days ago
everything 's workin fine and i like sync system
but today when i connect to server i just see something wrong
team speak client show my server ip
2ad8031dcb604aabb3b50ad487058019.png

and this pic from 3.0.19.4

9d0d74098832467ca75592a7c7272d44.png

hope final realease they remove it
if who 've any idea to remove or redirect to show hostname plz let me know

Edit 1 : I Tried To Use CNAME Record but didn't work
Edit 2 : Added Picture From 3.0.19.4 To Compare
Edit 3 : They Fixed

Last edited:

Aoto

Feb 16, 2016
I did not understand your request, but I think for what you want to do you have to use the TSDNS service that is included in the TeamSpeak server.

Mpsmith

Dec 21, 2015
I did not understand your request, but I think for what you want to do you have to use the TSDNS service that is included in the TeamSpeak server.
i just annoy to saw ip every time when connect to server
but nvm i'ts beta client

if you currently usiing Teamspeak Client 3.1 BETA
you can try connect to server by domain or something
then u compare on 3.0.19.4

FarisDev

L oryh brx
Contributor
Jun 9, 2016
2ad8031dcb604aabb3b50ad487058019.png

hope final realease they remove it
if who 've any idea to remove or redirect to show hostname plz let me know

Edit 1 : I Tried To Use CNAME Record but didn't work
teamspeak3 still bad .. with this update we want to protect the ip's and hes do a update remove the server ip from Client information now display it?? holy shit teamspeak3. team

Mpsmith

Dec 21, 2015
it's okay if beta client but when final realease they still show....

i think we need DDOSS Protection XD

FarisDev

L oryh brx
Contributor
Jun 9, 2016
it's okay if beta client but when final realease they still show....

i think we need DDOSS Protection XD
yeah it's still show in the final release :) but i have 2 ip addre's in my server because u can't ddos attack them :) but OVH is still suck because it's dropping it's have a problem in Data center :)

Kieran

Tag me
Contributor
Jan 1, 2016
i know but previous version didn't show ip direct until u open client logs
You didnt even have to connect to a server to get the IP in previous versions. YaTQA DNS and you got the IP
I don't really mind the change in the new update.

Norvik

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jul 18, 2015
You didnt even have to connect to a server to get the IP in previous versions. YaTQA DNS and you got the IP
I don't really mind the change in the new update.
The main point is that it doesn't require any knowledge or work. You'll just see the IP without doing anything = more skids will be impressed because they got a servers IP.

Kieran

Tag me
Contributor
Jan 1, 2016
The main point is that it doesn't require any knowledge or work. You'll just see the IP without doing anything = more skids will be impressed because they got a servers IP.

Let them be happy :p What do you think will they do anyways? If they know how to d/dos then they know how to resolve the IP

Norvik

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jul 18, 2015
If they know how to d/dos then they know how to resolve the IP
True.
What do you think will they do anyways?
These scumbags would use dos tools like loic if they do anything so nobody should care about them :p What I said was just the first thing that came into my mind even tho I don't really care about it.

Kieran

Tag me
Contributor
Jan 1, 2016
These scumbags would use dos tools like loic if they do anything so nobody should care about them :p What I said was just the first thing that came into my mind even tho I don't really care about it.
And ping google.com -t -l 65500 xD

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
The point is simply obscurity. A skid for example could go buy a booter, but may lack the basic skills to obtain an IP address. Security is not always about making something bulletproof, just making someone move on to an easier target for example camouflage in the wild. ;)

Also a ping alone would not pull back an SRV record. If someone configures the SRV record, pinging the hostname could result in 1.3.3.7 for example while the TeamSpeak server may have another IP.

Kieran

Tag me
Contributor
Jan 1, 2016
The point is simply obscurity. A skid for example could go buy a booter, but may lack the basic skills to obtain an IP address. Security is not always about making something bulletproof, just making someone move on to an easier target for example camouflage in the wild. ;)
Yea okay fair enough I agreeq