Flood Bots problem

Etex

Sep 23, 2015
Hello. I have, let's say a problem. Someone keeps connecting bots to my server that flood it, creating channels constantly and blocking other users IP's for flooding the server (because they subscribe to the channel that was made). Is there any way I can solve this?

pwn3r

Jan 1, 2018
Remove permissions from the guest server group or increase the Anti-Flood settings! Or just ban their IPs xD

Etex

Sep 23, 2015
They keep connecting with VPN, changing their IP's, could you PM me or join R4P3 TeamSpeak server so we could discuss this?

pwn3r

Jan 1, 2018
They keep connecting with VPN, changing their IP's, could you PM me or join R4P3 TeamSpeak server so we could discuss this?
I'm in the server. Better hurry up cuz I'll be gone in minutes.

E

ewenjo

Do you block it using the firewall?
Nope, I just made a bot that does an ip-lookup when someone connects to the server and if their ip resolves to a blocked country, they get kicked/banned. They could still ddos, but don't seem to bother if they cannot connect.

Etex

Sep 23, 2015
Can u tell me what do you think about my problem? I found this, do you think that this can solve my problem?

E

ewenjo

Can u tell me what do you think about my problem? I found this, do you think that this can solve my problem?
That depends, if they bots are on the same ip, yes. But it also stops people that are on the same network to use your teamspeak.

Can u help me out with "installing" this? I'm not very into PHP.
All you have to do it create a php file on a server, copy paste the script, edit it to connect to your server, make the file executable, and run it using this command
Bash:
php /path/to/script.php
I made a small guide on this a while ago, its pretty much the same. https://r4p3.net/threads/teamspeak-whitelist.6093/#post-53377

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Can u help me out with "installing" this? I'm not very into PHP.
Sorry, but that feature in coded into my bot system, so I would have to share everything, but I can probably made a short script with the same feature tomorrow. :)

pwn3r

Jan 1, 2018
It works great, I banned 5 countries due to ddos problems. Never had an issue since.
I can still use my private VPN and connect to your server, then I can DDoS you while connecting to your server. How can you block that?
Why do you block DDoSers instead of getting a better protection :)

E

ewenjo

I can still use my private VPN and connect to your server, and still I can DDoS you while connecting to your server. How can you block that?
Why do you block DDoSers instead of getting a better protection :)
Never said it blocks ddos attacks, but it reduces them. Most attacks on my server are people joining, advertising their own server, and then tries to take it down. It's not blocking ddos attcks, nor is it a permanent solution, but it works for me so it doesn't really matter. :)

Etex

Sep 23, 2015
All you have to do it create a php file on a server, copy paste the script, edit it to connect to your server, make the file executable, and run it using this command
Bash:
php /path/to/script.php
I made a small guide on this a while ago, its pretty much the same. https://r4p3.net/threads/teamspeak-whitelist.6093/#post-53377

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Sorry, but that feature in coded into my bot system, so I would have to share everything, but I can probably made a short script with the same feature tomorrow. :)

vBBKa2guQoi8lrgb5UkQaA.png