Free VPS for hosting Teamspeak Server?

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
I stand my ground. If you don't want to spend a fiver per month on a silly VPS (or even less like $1-2) then you just have to have a good reason for that. And there is no free launch. You either accept a free VPS with some small strings attached or pay a few bucks for one. Add that to the cost of your in-game server and you are done. You wrote a lot but you also completely skipped the first part of what i wrote and that's quite significant.

Who knows what's really on your mind. But something is for sure.

Betterfudge

Sep 25, 2015
You either accept a free VPS with some small strings attached or pay a few bucks for one.
What kind of strings are we talking about?
What good VPS would you recommend that costs a few bucks? (Other threads in this category may be outdated, so just wanted a refresher)

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
Strings like adverts, banners, etc. The hoster has to pay a lot for quality bandwidth, hardware and anti-ddos protection.

Please have a look at this offer for instance: http://germanvps.com/vpshosting.php - for a small, 32-slot teamspeak (no license needed) i would say the $0.99 will be fine. And once it grows you move to the $2.99 offer that will do for many hundreds of people.

This one looks interesting also: http://vncoupon.com/ethernet-servers-1gb-ram-special-openvz-vps-from-1month/

And this: https://www.bluevm.com/cart.php?gid=51 or even this: http://setupvps.com/

Last edited:

Betterfudge

Sep 25, 2015
Yeah, and I'm fine with a banner or something, I just hate the annoying popup message that you get on the freets3.net servers.

I'm about to be out for the night, but I will definitely check out germanvps.com once I get home from work tomorrow. I will also do some research, and see if I can come up with something.

Thanks for not turning this into a shit throwing contest, shout out to @kingston for being the boy.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
I knew this shit was going to happen. Listen to me son piece, I'm not asking you to philosophically evaluate my life or my financial matters. I believe I asked a simple question in a respectful manner, and I expect to get a respectful reply in return. Don't be stepping on my game telling me about skipping dinners for $5 a month, I don't even know you like that my guy. We out here grinding, and we don't need no fuckboy dictating us on how to spend our grain. Thank you for considering my humble reply.
Please be respectful. You got the answer you were looking for. If you actually have financial issues (I don't know if you have), you shouldn't be looking into paying for a VPS. Just trying to help you, so you don't starve to death lol! From now on i'll just tolerate you, but will have to sanction if you keep acting this way.

dino94

Sep 20, 2015
@Betterfudge The programs you need Dubrute 2.3 , NMAP scanner or VNC scanner, proxies and a user:password combo :D. You may get a hit right away, but also you may not, it all depends :D.
You can grab proxies here, you can get the 1 year subscription for free, it will help you :) Cheers

Last edited:

Betterfudge

Sep 25, 2015
Thanks @dino94, I will take a look at that, however it seems that it's a temporary solution (1-2 months before crack becomes detected).

@Qraktzyl I considered your response, and wanted to get back to you on each of your points. This isnt no debate, I'm just stating facts so maybe you can see where I'm coming from.
Please be respectful.
My guy, I was being completely respectful, and I had full intent to be respectful. Refer back to my post: " I believe I asked a simple question in a respectful manner, and I expect to get a respectful reply in return." Although I was being completely civil, you decided to tell me how I gotta skip dinners to save up 5 bucks to pay for a vps or some shit like that. Now maybe you didn't mean it that way, but I though you were fronting on me.
You got the answer you were looking for.
Actually no I did not, that's why this post is still active, and that's why I said I am still looking for ideas. Honestly man, I didn't really appreciate your response on how to handle my financial spending, and I might have taken it worse than it actually was.
If you actually have financial issues (I don't know if you have), you shouldn't be looking into paying for a VPS.
Maybe you could have said, "There is no such thing as a free vps, because resources are partitioned in order to run each server." and ended it at that without hitting on whether I should be spending money on it or not.
Just trying to help you, so you don't starve to death lol!
Facts, we eating but we starving.
From now on i'll just tolerate you, but will have to sanction if you keep acting this way.
Okay look, I was acting completely fine until what you said. I'm tolerating you as well, I don't have a problem with you. Sanction? As in, restrict the account? Please explain how I am acting, I don't really see any transgressions that I might have made. Why do you feel that you can say that kind of stuff to me and not expect me to defend myself? I can't really tell your tone, because you know, text, but to me you sounded really condescending so I'm not sure what you intended with that post of yours. Maybe you thought you were being slick, maybe you were being genuine and sincere? Who knows? I think it's all just a miscommunication, and I don't want something this trivial to be taking up any more time from either of us. Thanks man.

P.S: Oh the majestic lords of r4p3, I am sorry that I asked a genuine question about a free vps. Feel free to crucify me and put my head on a stake. Thanks guys I love you too <3

0day

Contributor
Oct 16, 2015
maxresdefault.jpg

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
I dont know you, I have no idea about your financial situation. Thank you for understanding.

Betterfudge

Sep 25, 2015
I dont know you, I have no idea about your financial situation. Thank you for understanding.
Thanks dude. Yeah I don't really know you that well either, that's why I was surprised when you started talking about my financial situation, haha.
It's all good though, I am still on the lookout for ideas.

BlaZe

Sep 2, 2016
If anyone pms me on Skype, which I know the mods will remove so pm me for my Skype, I can offer a free Teamspeak life time, ovh game ddos protection
Thanks to alligatoras to fixing my server query :p

Narovik

Dec 22, 2016
I would go with a free tier AWS EC2 Amzon vps https://aws.amazon.com/
it has its limits in storage (20GB SSD) and bandwidth but if you watch out, you won't have any costs in addition. I've been hosting a TS server for almost a year, and just once I had to pay 8 cents because I exceded the bandwidth limit, although it really worths it. I set it up on their amazon linux OS and works like a charm!

jcrza

Dec 18, 2016
Use digitalocean.com. You can get two months for free. Use promo code DROPLET10

KissKiss

May 21, 2015
See this hosting https://private-hosting.eu/. The ts3 are permanent and they are host on OVH GAME DDOS PROTECTION! This month my ts3 uptime is 100% and priew month is 99,98%
Firstly, he asked for a VPS and not for a TS3 server...

Either, such hosting is so blatant that is made by lazy people (maybe kids) that hasn't even interest in the project (template is still stock in lots of pages, text-talking). Just look also at the Home Page title: made by tags.

Tos and tdl are in italian, but I bet they've more errors written in them than in the whole site.

TheGamerTek

Dec 10, 2015
Firstly, he asked for a VPS and not for a TS3 server...

Either, such hosting is so blatant that is made by lazy people (maybe kids) that hasn't even interest in the project (template is still stock in lots of pages, text-talking). Just look also at the Home Page title: made by tags.

Tos and tdl are in italian, but I bet they've more errors written in them than in the whole site.
I know.... but i have a vps 4 gbs to this hosting support and server are soo good... the website interface inst good