Free VPS for hosting Teamspeak Server?

Betterfudge

Sep 25, 2015
Hello everyone, after having multiple 3rd party free ts3 providers host for me and have the teamspeak go down permanently each time after a while, I am pretty desperate for a solution for free, private teamspeak server. I am aware that it is possible to host a server using a vps, however many of them seem to cost a lot, and I do not require all that additional power that they are supplying.

What I am asking is if there is a free Virtual Private Server host that would be practical for hosting a teamspeak 3 server.
  • I am looking for my own server, and no I am not looking for any trials/demos.
  • I am not able to host 24/7 from my own computer, and that is why I am looking for an alternative as well.
  • I am not looking for freets3.net or any other provider that will include a server with advertisement banners, popups, and messages.
If anyone knows of any good ones, or is using a powerful one that can also support a small teamspeak server, please let me know, I would appreciate it!
P.S: If there is any other alternative to a vps, such as a provider that offers small servers, or if I can get private hosting from one of the users here, hit me up as well, I will definitely consider it. Thanks again!

Davidd

Feb 20, 2016
I am also looking for a VPS!
Do you guys recommend me to buy at lowendspirit.com ? Is it good? I just want it for the TS.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
If you guys really don't want to pay for a good VPS, it looks good. They even say themselves :
A fair question. First of all most of these servers are not hosted on bleeding edge technology, they will not beat a commercial grade setup
However take a plan where you actually have your own ip :p

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
What about joining a public server that offer free channels? Why isn't this an option if you don't wanna pay xD?

I know someone who has one *hint hint*, community is big and he already has groups of 30+ members on his server! People look happy at my friends place :p!

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
What about joining a public server that offer free channels? Why isn't this an option if you don't wanna pay xD?

I know someone who has one *hint hint*, community is big and he already has groups of 30+ members on his server! People look happy at my friends place :p!
Because nowhere feels like home, you can't compare being a part of the community with owning a community.

skill1917

Sep 14, 2015
I've got one lowest VPS with them and they are indeed pretty nice, you get somewhat shared Gbit link and really decent CPU. They have custom control panel which is a bit messy but I got used to it quickly.

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
I ment that he should crack some vps. Its easy + fast if u got good proxies..
But it can be taken down any moment, a good provider does a deep check into every payment at least once a month if the payments go through.
(We're THINKING about "scamming" one??)

dino94

Sep 20, 2015
But it can be taken down any moment, a good provider does a deep check into every payment at least once a month if the payments go through.
(We're talking about "scamming" them??)
You are right, but the dude doesnt want to pay. Ive cracked them before, the only thing you should watch is how you use it. Firstly i used those VPS for cracking and leeching, so i was carefull with the programs that ive used so the owner wouldnt notice ( im talking about cpu and memory usage ), + when im creating an account on it, im trying to make it similar like the admin account, so the owner wont suspect and they last 2/4 months, which isnt bad :D

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
Is really 1€ too much for you? That's just silly at this point...
23st3xt.png

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
A VPS can't be free due to the fact that it takes ressources from its hoster. Owning a server is pricy, you can't just say "there i'll give away my investment".

If you can't pay for a cheap AF vps, then you might concentrate on other aspects in your life. I understand that paying for a VPS might not be your priority, but 5$/month shouldn't make you skip a dinner because you don't have the money for it. And if it does, you shouldn't be looking for a host.

JUST PAY THE GODAMN 1,20 EUROS LOL

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
I think it's more about anonymity in this case and not money. It is obvious that every single payment leaves some tracks. There are people that simply have too much to hide to reveal their real name, address, country or other sensitive data. For same reason you shouldn't be a hero and, under any circumstances, help them with free access, etc. It smells like bullshit if a "small group of people" can't gather together and pay few bucks/mo. Or he might be also trying to make easy money - get free VPS-es, setup teamspeaks and sell them cheap to some kids.

Betterfudge

Sep 25, 2015
Because nowhere feels like home, you can't compare being a part of the community with owning a community.
That's a perfect way to put it, couldn't have said it better myself. Straight up facts, 0x0539. You the boy for that.

If you can't pay for a cheap AF vps, then you might concentrate on other aspects in your life.
I knew this shit was going to happen. Listen to me son piece, I'm not asking you to philosophically evaluate my life or my financial matters. I believe I asked a simple question in a respectful manner, and I expect to get a respectful reply in return. Don't be stepping on my game telling me about skipping dinners for $5 a month, I don't even know you like that my guy. We out here grinding, and we don't need no fuckboy dictating us on how to spend our grain. Thank you for considering my humble reply.

Or he might be also trying to make easy money - get free VPS-es, setup teamspeaks and sell them cheap to some kids.
Alright fam I see you, I see you. Not exactly what I had in mind, and I wasn't looking to profit off of this, but you the boy for realizing what it takes to be out here. I make enough money, and it really wouldn't be practical to flip teamspeaks haha. I spend about $45 a month for an in-game server that a lot of my boys play on, so I'm not trynna throw more money at teamspeak or gaben or bill gates or whoever the fuck runs that shit. Thanks for the idea tho.

So yeah, I appreciate the brainstorm from you guys, and if anyone has any more ideas please feel free to comment. Also like I said if anyone like dino94 has alternatives (shout out to you too, guy piece), hit me up.

Thanks everyone and remember, as Future once said, "Fuck what you heard, God blessin' all the trap niggas".