General Information

BayX

I'm the Root. Fear me!
Dec 18, 2015
Hi!

I'll start off by saying that I don't represent R4P3 in any way & some of this may not be official rules. This is only so called "structure lines" for a clean forum!
In my opinion, this has to be explained once and for all!

A few tips/suggestions/rules (call it what you want), to all members.

1. The chat box isn't a place where you post questions or error logs about a script/mod. If you need help to fix a bug or setup a specific script, post a new thread in the appropriate section on the forum. That's also the place where you should post error logs and other useful information.

2. VIP Key requests does not belong in the chat. All key requests should be posted in this thread.

3. Only English are allowed on the forum & chat, except from the International section.

I also want to remind all members, especially the new ones, to read the rules. You find them here.

MrWolf

Retired Staff
Contributor
Dec 27, 2016
I don't see how that isn't clear already.
The only problem is that people don't care about the rules, they only care about getting help, they just don't want to read.
  • "Use the English language only in the main forum. The only exceptions is in the International area."
The chat thing you mentioned should be also noted, but VIP Key Request is expalined in a resource description when they download it.

BayX

I'm the Root. Fear me!
Dec 18, 2015
That's why I think it need to be clarified :confused:

VIP Key Request is expalined in a resource description when they download it.
In that case, it seems they don't understand it. In my opinion, it's worth being mentioned one more time..

Last edited:

BayX

I'm the Root. Fear me!
Dec 18, 2015
Why would somebody who is too lazy to check the rules read your thread?
You do have a point there, but it's an attempt to get the members to understand it. I'm just trying to keep the forum clean and structured by pointing it out one more time

Norvik

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jul 18, 2015
And it’s nice to see there are still members that actually care about the rules but I still think this is a useless thread.

BayX

I'm the Root. Fear me!
Dec 18, 2015
If that's the case, then Mod/Admin can feel free to delete it.

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016
If that's the case, then Mod/Admin can feel free to delete it.
If you want that thread to be deleted i can do that.
You just said your opinion about something. You didn't break the rules or anything that is related to violation so there is no problem :)

BayX

I'm the Root. Fear me!
Dec 18, 2015
If you want that thread to be deleted i can do that.
You just said your opinion about something. You didn't break the rules or anything that is related to violation so there is no problem :)
I know. I just mean that if the thread is useless, then there's no point of having it..

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
thats why there is rules/faq . i think new user signup they should be enforced and then say agree to it. if they break rules we know exactly they did not read.

This thread is like a reminder but should be enforced when they login / read once and mark as read so next time they do not do things without reading it.

Norvik

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jul 18, 2015
thats why there is rules/faq . i think new user signup they should be enforced and then say agree to it. if they break rules we know exactly they did not read.

This thread is like a reminder but should be enforced when they login / read once and mark as read so next time they do not do things without reading it.
There will always be people that are too lazy to read it and they will just press the agree button without checking it.

MrWolf

Retired Staff
Contributor
Dec 27, 2016
There will always be people that are too lazy to read it and they will just press the agree button without checking it.
Exactly. Only things that can help is to create basic test about rules that every user needs to pass.

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
Exactly. Only things that can help is to create basic test about rules that every user needs to pass.

this wont work. eventually lose new users who are willing to see new content. make rules but just enforce it not make a puzzle and do test . Either pass or fail will not make them learn they can open google and see answers. The site is cached :p

MrWolf

Retired Staff
Contributor
Dec 27, 2016
this wont work. eventually lose new users who are willing to see new content. make rules but just enforce it not make a puzzle and do test . Either pass or fail will not make them learn they can open google and see answers. The site is cached :p
Well enforcing them isn't easy as you think it is. I gave allot of warnings points but people don't care even when i posted public warnings.
But heavy enforcing should help in some ways.