Going for broke.

asleep

Oct 5, 2016
Hello Everyone,
If you take the time to read this and respond, i sincerely appreciate it.
I've hit a wall for a while now where i feel uninspired to learn anything and it's been so long i have no idea where to start. I've found my way here in hopes of finding people to chat with and take part in discussions to help me break myself from my rut and in return hoping to find inspiration in that; to help me find learning fun again.

My going for broke title is pretty vague but my intent is to ask people where do i start again?
I'm so interested in learning about Info Sec but i'm not sure where to begin again and i have so many things i want to learn.

My other intent for posting this is i was hoping for some things from the community here to give me simple projects; stuff i can build a home lab with and have a goal in mind or else i think i feel lost and also no direction.
I have all hardware i could want for a home lab so that is of no issue.

Here are some interests i have so if you have something in mind that could be a fun learning adventure feel free to let me know and i think i will document my finding and adventures if people find this something of value and report back to the community.
- Wireless security / hacking
- Wireless mesh networks
- Any and all windows client / server exploiting
- Metasploit
- Learning a language like python to create my own tools
- pen testing
- analyzing packets to find unencrypted data; like passwords .. ect

I have more interests but i don't want to get to lengthy; you can also post your interests and i might build my list off that and find other adventures to make learning fun again with the help of you guys and finding enjoyment in conversation and challenges.

Thank you,