Good Cheap VPS hosting? (anti ddos needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

User_1748

"anymore", what happened that changed your mind?
the ddos protection is not good anymore. There are tons of bypasses. You can keep in mind that if there is an ddos attack method named after your company then you are not on a good road

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
Basic and pro protection are definitely not the way to go for teamspeak. However, their game protection that comes with the expensive gameservers is the best. (For teamspeak)

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
I didn't find any VPS provider that offers great DDoS protection for TeamSpeak in North America... So my only option was to upgrade my normal dedicated ovh anti-ddos pro from ovh to a dedicated game server that offers anti-ddos game solution.
Would love that too, but those suckers don't want to upgrade my pro protection itself. They make me order a game server just to get that profiled protection while those servers have only a single, relatively small SSD drive for my needs. There is a dual drive option but the price is somewhat sick while it is still not much space. Why on earth won't they offer a game setup with at least 2TB... which is important when you have more IPs and want to slice the box.

BTW are you on real OVH game or SYS game?

Last edited:

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
the ddos protection is not good anymore. There are tons of bypasses. You can keep in mind that if there is an ddos attack method named after your company then you are not on a good road
You most likely mean this or similar attacks based on hacked OVH servers and the ntp reflection:
Code:
http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=8120
There were ~800 hosts involved in the above case. But it doesn't happen daily.

cROWN

Sep 25, 2015
Im also looking for a good DDoS Protected VPS. Im thinking of buying a VPS on KMS Hosting.

Hydra

Sep 13, 2015
Hit me up with some more informations about the attack please. Im in hand of some pretty nice protection and can offer you a vps on my node. The filters performs well with udp services and you will not see packet loss during an attack. Just let me know if you are interested an need some more informations.

Hydra

Sep 13, 2015
Yeah, did anyone test the KMS Hosting anti ddos ?
Its pretty solid and filtering most attacks. There are some attacks going straight through their firewall (Just crazy rare attack types). But they are using ACL to filter the attacks. You will loose 20 % of your users under mitigation.

zacy5000

Oct 10, 2015
I run a Teamspeak server off their £3 VPS with around 17 people on it a day. It works perfect, no lag however 1 small DDOS and the whole things gone for a bit even after the DDOS which I assume is because of their "DDOS Migration service". Good for £3 though.

Last edited:

r4per

Jan 19, 2016
Its pretty solid and filtering most attacks. There are some attacks going straight through their firewall (Just crazy rare attack types). But they are using ACL to filter the attacks. You will loose 20 % of your users under mitigation.
Thanks for your reply. :) Btw do you know any other hosts located in europe (preferably in Germany, France or Netherland) with very good ddos protection ?

Last edited:

Hydra

Sep 13, 2015
Thanks for your reply. :) Btw do you know any other hosts located in europe (preferably in Germany, France or Netherland) with very good ddos protection ?
You can try hosteam (they are located in poland). I did not see any attack type going through their excessive filtering. I did not tried them that long but they works pretty well with udp (teamspeak 3).
The problem I got was that im constantly get kicked out of ssh or teamspeak server Query during setup.

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
You can try hosteam (they are located in poland). I did not see any attack type going through their excessive filtering. I did not tried them that long but they works pretty well with udp (teamspeak 3).
The problem I got was that im constantly get kicked out of ssh or teamspeak server Query during setup.
As you are saying - their anti-ddos seems decent. But all the rest is not. I personally stopped using Hosteam long ago for incredibly slow cpu on basic plan. In my opinion they are cheating with it and forcing you to buy more expansive plans which aren't cheap at all.

Hydra

Sep 13, 2015
As you are saying - their anti-ddos seems decent. But all the rest is not. I personally stopped using Hosteam long ago for incredibly slow cpu on basic plan. In my opinion they are cheating with it and forcing you to buy more expansive plans which aren't cheap at all.
Yes their small plan is pretty shit. But it should work for a single teamspeak 3 instance.

r4per

Jan 19, 2016
I used to run a Teamspeak with 300/400 users but with DDos attacks it seems impossible to keep the situation under control without a good firewall.

Hydra

Sep 13, 2015
I used to run a Teamspeak with 300/400 users but with DDos attacks it seems impossible to keep the situation under control without a good firewall.
Do you have some more information about the DDoS Attacks you are receiving (maybe tcpdump)?

r4per

Jan 19, 2016
Do you have some more information about the DDoS Attacks you are receiving (maybe tcpdump)?
At the moment i have no more information about it, cause we were forced to remove it from the GameTracker server list to prevent daily attacks (obviously we lost people and popularity). The only thing i can say about it is that the server was in the top100 of GT and we were open to various attacks of different sizes, so there's not a fixed quota of attack size. Before adding it again on server list, assuming i have people that are donating to keep server up i want to offer the most uptime possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.