GRE Tunnel

RedPanther

Jan 10, 2016
Hello,

Iam thinking about swithing to a host with a better DDOS protection.
But the problem is: Iam very happy with my current host, in over a 1.5 year i had ! 20 minutes ! downtime.
So, if possible i would like to stay at my own host.
But the ddos protection is very bad. When someone only attacks like 1Gbps, the server will lagg as hell.

So my question: Does a GRE Tunnel work for TeamSpeak 3, and is it easy to setup?
Cause when it is, i will get -for example- a vps from ExtraVM, and setup the GRE tunnel.
Then iam protected. (if iam correct)
Any help would be highly appreciated!

HelloEvery

Nov 26, 2016
you have to consider the GRE Tunnel Uptime firstly and second you have to remove from serverlist your server otherwise someone could fuck you :p
and consider creating a gre tunnel will cause a big problem: all users will have GRE Tunnel Server IP , so you can't ban anyone otherwise all users will be banned

HelloEvery

Nov 26, 2016
if you like your old hoster you can install a website on it and protect with cloudflare, or install some musicbot ^^

RedPanther

Jan 10, 2016
Ye, will buy a dedicated ovh-game server from SYS. I think that will do it. Thanks for the responses!

Vivorma

Dec 24, 2016
Hello,

Iam thinking about swithing to a host with a better DDOS protection.
But the problem is: Iam very happy with my current host, in over a 1.5 year i had ! 20 minutes ! downtime.
So, if possible i would like to stay at my own host.
But the ddos protection is very bad. When someone only attacks like 1Gbps, the server will lagg as hell.

So my question: Does a GRE Tunnel work for TeamSpeak 3, and is it easy to setup?
Cause when it is, i will get -for example- a vps from ExtraVM, and setup the GRE tunnel.
Then iam protected. (if iam correct)
Any help would be highly appreciated!

Hello,

Protection Voxility is only suitable in applications that use the TCP protocol. During the active filtration application temaspeak3 lost packets. From 5 to 10 %.
If you need help in creating a GRE tunnel to write me a private message.
If you need 100% protection can sell you a GRE tunnel from the server OVH GAME.