Hey guys, we're back up and running!

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Don't worry --- I have the old forum db backed up, we're safe. I'm implementing TLS (encryption) now. :cool:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Yeah buddy, don't worry about the old posts --- those will be up sometime tomorrow. I will restore everything back to how it was. I am just keeping this forum at the naked domain level, it will be much easier that way.

So the old forum will be r4p3.net/forum and this new forum is going to be just / (r4p3.net). I think this newer style and system feels much better and once I get HTTPS setup (very soon) I'm going to force HTTPS on to allow for a secure browsing session, this will make it much harder to pull a man-in-the-middle attack on an administrator or moderator of the forum. I think I am going to disable posting on the previous forum and place a popup or message at the top offering people to come check out the new forum here, what do you think? Be honest, I won't ban you.. even if you swear at me haha. :cool:

Bandit

Apr 25, 2015
ya, I much prefer these new forums actually.
Interface is far superior. I almost think you should upload the old ones as like an archive that we can just view, and start fresh.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
ya, I much prefer these new forums actually.
Interface is far superior. I almost think you should upload the old ones as like an archive that we can just view, and start fresh.
That is exactly what I am going to do Bandit, you're awesome bud! Glad to have you around. Sorry if you have to sign in another freaking time man, I have been screwing around with .htaccess and forcing www., then forcing no www. and finally I am back to www. because that is how I am able to get HTTPS working. You should now notice a padlock icon at the top of your browser next to the domain. I think I set it up correctly, eh? :cool:

Bandit

Apr 25, 2015
bahaha I was wondering what was up with that, but it's cool. I try not to save cookies anyway. Good to have SSL. Keep it up.

It's funny cause the only reason I jumped on was because I was looking for the address to give to fuzzy, but then I noticed it was all "new", and got intrigued. I'll start visiting more regularly.

Before the main reason I would get on was to message certain people like woz, but ya.
The much improved forums make it more addicting.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
bahaha I was wondering what was up with that, but it's cool. I try not to save cookies anyway. Good to have SSL. Keep it up.

It's funny cause the only reason I jumped on was because I was looking for the address to give to fuzzy, but then I noticed it was all "new", and got intrigued. I'll start visiting more regularly.
Hooray, I haven't chatted with Fuzzy in a good while. I remember talking to him back back back in the day. The good ol' days! Feel free to get any of your buds on here. I'm planning on taking donations (even $1.00 would be nice), so get the rich guys too haha. Eventually my goal is to run this website on something more powerful than the internet, haha just kidding. It isn't very cheap to run this though. Getting that 1,000,000 unique view spike recently was awesome, but kind of sucked at the same time. I should probably monetize this website somehow, but I'm definitely not a fan of ads, I feel they invade privacy and so I probably won't monetize in any sort of advertisement way. I will figure something out, I paid over 30% of my paycheck getting this setup. *starves*

Bandit

Apr 25, 2015
Add a button somewhere, avoid ads otherwise.
I'd gladdy toss in a few bucks for server time. Hell I've spent hundreds on reddit gold haha.

Too bad you can't flatfile forums and use something like amazon cloudfront.
That would drop the costs/bandwidth by an insane margin, and allow for a near unlimited traffic flow.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
That is very true, maybe I will start robbing banks or something. We will become our own Internet Bandwidth Provider, lol. Anyways, https://r4p3.net/forum is up, setup as an archive.

newnameplz

Apr 26, 2015
I'm liking this so far; got a bit of a social media feel to it, hehe.

What's the procedure for getting moderator rights back?

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
Hey, this is important.. took me 2-3 days to figure out.. the registration link you get in your email adress is directing you wrong!! its directing to r4p3.net/... instead of https://www.r4p3.net/... -> the first link does not work!

When will the old posts be up again?

I forgot.. nice new forum :)

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
The old posts should be up. I don't think I'm moving the posts from the older forum to this one. We are starting fresh over here. If you would like to bring anything to this new forum from the old one, you may.

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
Maybe it would be a good idea to start my old thread again... ts 3.0.11.3 has been released also^^

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
You certainly may do that if you would like to.