Hide IP address for server

No-X

Oct 8, 2015
Hi,
I know that I'm new and this is my first post.

but I've problem I want to know if there is anyway to get server IP behind proxy ?

for example this IP 216.127.64.68:7571 is Teamspeak 3 server and this not the real IP it's proxy and I want to know the real IP if there is anyway to know the real IP that will be helpfully

and Thank's.

/mod edit: changed thread name

Last edited by a moderator:

L.

Sep 1, 2015
If it would be a Proxy everyone would have the same IP.
Also i checked the ISP and it doesn't looks like a Proxy.
PHP:
ISP :     LightSpeed Gaming, LLC (AS393472)
http://www.light-speed.com/

Last edited:

No-X

Oct 8, 2015
PHP:
I know about LSG and they cover the real IP by Proxy or VPN if you buy from them Ts3 server they will cover the real IP by VPN so no one can ddos it and I've VPS and I try to cover the IP by VPN like them but I can't and I try to ask them to sell me VPS but they don't sell VPS that why I want to know if there is any way to find the Real IP

Kaptan647

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 25, 2015
PHP:
actually there is a way to hide your servers ip without (or with idk how) a proxy. One of my friend does that (btw i dont know how. He is not telling me :( ). For example: You connect to x.x.x.5 but it redirects you to x.x.x.85 and ts thinks it connected to x.x.x.5. With this you can protect your server from ddos attacks. People will ddos the x.5 and nobody can connect to the server but the people in the server will not notice the attack

bl4uni

Sep 10, 2015
If the traffic gets redirected, wouldn't the result be the same? And if the traffic doesnt get redirected but it would just be a "hide ip" thing, nobody would be able to connect if the "join-ip" gets DoSed.
The first ip needs to have a firewall. Teamspeak uses UDP and it's nearly impossible to filter bad from good packets. Why not just rent your VPS somewhere, where you already have a good protection? Also it should not be very hard to find out the "real-ip" in case the traffic doesnt get redirected. So you have two options:
1. Someone doesn't know much and just bought a 5$ booter which wont be able to denial your service anyway.
2. Someone has a little bit of knowledge, will easily find out the "real-ip" and take your server offline.

denka

Restricted
Apr 26, 2015
LightSpeed Gaming does not use proxy, they have ddos protection from staminus and are hosted at softlayer

No-X

Oct 8, 2015
LightSpeed Gaming does not use proxy, they have ddos protection from staminus and are hosted at softlayer
it's proxy I did scan the IP's and it's show as proxy for me and I try other IP not from LS and doesn't show as proxy -,-

bl4uni

Sep 10, 2015
With what did you scan the ip's? Maybe they show as Proxy because those are server IP's (and they could possibly be a hosting a proxy). I highly doubt they use a Proxy to hide their real servers IP.

And still it's as I have already written above:
1. If the traffic gets redirected it would make no difference for the server if it got DoSed
2. If the traffic doesn't get redirected but just the "Teamspeak Join Request" it wouldn't be hard to find out the real ip.

Maybe what you are reffering to as proxy is actually their firewall?

bl4uni

Sep 10, 2015
Well, yes you can, but would that make a difference if the server got DoSed? No.

Next

Restricted
Oct 3, 2015
No, but hide provider information. If mirror server have good Anti DDos can be userful , but i'm not sure if for the cost is affordable

as'

Nov 25, 2015
U can use a gre tunnel but every client will have the same ip with most linux kernals. Light speed does not use a proxy or vpn they just have good protections and may show up as a proxy becuase they were listed in a few databases.

Nov 7, 2015
Relevant.

We prefer this technique (proxying) to generic tunneling or VPNs for performance reasons. It also allows for granular flow control and easier IP address associations.

timodohmen

Oct 16, 2015
I had the same problem at the time where i had no money because i was 16 xD....
ask a friend that have a ddos protected server (vps/root) to give u the acces for a vpn on his/her Server.... !!!!WARNING!!!! THE FRIENDS SERVER MUST HAVE THE PORT CLEAR SO IS THE TS3 PORT NORMAL (9887) IT MUST BE OPEN AND NOT USED ON THE FRIEND SERVER !!!
Then u install on your server where u have your ts3 server installed an grahical monitor and conect to it like vlc ... Then u conect to the Friends server (the VPN server)
and you are done :)

0vert1m3

Oct 4, 2015
I think, u only need to port port: 9987 / port: 10011

Im using this :
Code:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $EXT_IF -p udp -d $EXT_IP --dport 53 -j DNAT --to-destination $INTERNAL_SERVER

and make sure you also have it allowed to pass through the FORWARD chain with something like

#forward traffic
iptables -A FORWARD -i $EXT_IF -o $INT_IF -p udp -d $INTERNAL_SERVER --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
#reply traffic
iptables -m state -A FORWARD -o $EXT_IF -i $INT_IF -p udp -s $INTERNAL_SERVER --sport 53 --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

Last edited:

Shield

Dec 8, 2015
I think, u only need to port port: 9987 / port: 10011

Im using this :
Code:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $EXT_IF -p udp -d $EXT_IP --dport 53 -j DNAT --to-destination $INTERNAL_SERVER

and make sure you also have it allowed to pass through the FORWARD chain with something like

#forward traffic
iptables -A FORWARD -i $EXT_IF -o $INT_IF -p udp -d $INTERNAL_SERVER --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
#reply traffic
iptables -m state -A FORWARD -o $EXT_IF -i $INT_IF -p udp -s $INTERNAL_SERVER --sport 53 --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
how to do this? step by step? im new to iptables