Tutorial How to create a server nickname for your server

Kieran

Tag me
Contributor
Jan 1, 2016
Server nicknames are a new feature introduced in the 3.1.6 client version.
People will be able to connect to your server, using a short nickname instead of a full address.

First, you have to visit myteamspeak.com
Register an account (top right corner, login or register) and click "Server Nicknames" after successfully registering/logging in.
Then, simply add a server name by choosing a nickname and entering the address + port.
You can also just put the domain/sub domain if you have a SRV set up.

Now you can connect to my teamspeak server using the nickname "boi".

@Rikku1337 wrote a tutorial about that here https://r4p3.net/threads/how-to-con...server-nickname-from-a-ts3-deskop-client.5135

Kleberstoff

Knowledge Seeker
VIP
Dec 29, 2015
Pretty neat feature, probably not the most useful, but pretty neat.
Awesome tutorial tho.

got "dab", "stfu", "gtfo", "brb" and "abuse" for myself.

Last edited:

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
My server no change that name :/
the servernames are stored on teamspeak servers. So all your client does is to ask teamspeak for the real IP/domain address.
You do have to use the new client 3.1.6 I think to use this feature. Simply put the name you choose on the teamspeak website into your connection field and it should work.

EscuderoKevin

Jul 2, 2015
the servernames are stored on teamspeak servers. So all your client does is to ask teamspeak for the real IP/domain address.
You do have to use the new client 3.1.6 I think to use this feature. Simply put the name you choose on the teamspeak website into your connection field and it should work.
Yep Its work , i dont say that. i response this " i think they changed the name from "Lizenzed Hosting Provider?" to "Host Provider Lizenz"" from keiner1233

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
@EscuderoKevin As they stated 3.1.6 is supporting their new license system, and license types are stored in the client (server only provides an integer) they probably changed the name. So yeah, it wont affect anything but the name itsself though.

Lonzea

Jun 23, 2017
This is a very very cool feature, I don't think many people will be using it as there are domains set for teamspeaks but it is still pretty cool.