Tutorial How To Make/Develop TeamSpeak 3 Plugins

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
This is episode 1, there will be many more parts to come to this series. Let me know what you think so far. Like the music? Hate the background music? Is my voice too boring, should I get a girl to speak for me? Let me know everything you think, I want to know --- I care. ;)

Laszl0w

Oct 10, 2015
Thats looks good , but i use DevC++ its look easyer to me and its save lots of free space on HDD.
In Hungarian language we have lot of long chars like : á í é ő ú
When i use this chars the plugin won't reply to user it will say : invalid parameter.
Thank you.
T

Agusanz

Jul 18, 2015
Keep up the good work! i'm really into this series.. :)
i has been looking for something like this but yeah.. i couldn't find something to get me started with.. thanks!

Jackbox

Jan 2, 2016
Anyone have any specific questions or interests about plug-ins? For example, I think there should be a video tutorial on how to package plug-ins for release, click to install. So people don't have to drag and drop your DLL. :cool:

infidel

Aug 15, 2016
Just finished watching number 1. Very well done Sir! I have no doubts the 2nd edition will be just as good. Normally i would wait till i watch it all but i had no idea how plugins were made so i already learned a tonne. Thanks! on to episode 2!

U

User_19745

Please help. I have been searching for a long time to make or find a Speech to text plugin for TS. We have a member of our team that has a hearing disability and we don't want to lose him due to not being able to know what we are saying.
I have read the TS forums and came up with this
It seems we have some folks on the TS team or forum moderation team that like to discriminate against Deaf/HoH individuals.
No, we just don't want that feature in our client. Funny to read it is discrimination, it's a decision.
Please help,

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
Please help. I have been searching for a long time to make or find a Speech to text plugin for TS. We have a member of our team that has a hearing disability and we don't want to lose him due to not being able to know what we are saying.
I have read the TS forums and came up with this
It seems we have some folks on the TS team or forum moderation team that like to discriminate against Deaf/HoH individuals.
No, we just don't want that feature in our client. Funny to read it is discrimination, it's a decision.
Please help,

That's very unfortunate, sorry about your friend.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way of doing this. It will require a lot of work, Vocabulary databases and what not, so that the plugin can understand what's being said.

You will need this
Code:
void onEditPlaybackVoiceDataEvent( serverConnectionHandlerID, clientID, samples, sampleCount, channels);
Code:
"is called when a voice packet from a client (not own client) is decoded and about to be played over
your sound device, but before it is 3D positioned and mixed with other sounds. You can use this function to alter the voice
data (for example when you want to do effects on it) or to simply get voice data. The TeamSpeak client uses this function
to record sessions."

Best of luck

vbr74

Oct 9, 2016
Hello everybody, first of all i'd like to say thank you to R4P3 Network for this tutorial.
I think there is not enough documentation about that.

Let's me explain my problem : I am tryting to make a Phone Bot plugin that can communicate with a real Telephony Over IP Asterisk Server, for this i am using SIP signaling protocol with a custom softphone.
But I need to interface it with my TS3 server for make a player's hotline service.

So when a message is trigerred by my phonebot ts3 plugin, i'd like to open a socket to my softphone and then transmit text data for start a call. But I am not able to create standard c++ winsocks in the ts3 plugin solution.
Does anyone could help me ?

Greetings, Vbr74,
CANA Multigaming,

Last edited by a moderator:

Laszl0w

Oct 10, 2015
Code:
    ts3Functions.setClientSelfVariableAsString(serverConnectionHandlerID,CLIENT_DESCRIPTION,"This is my new description");
    ts3Functions.flushClientSelfUpdates(serverConnectionHandlerID, NULL);

It doesnt do anything,what i do wrong?

Oct 30, 2016
Will there be any follow-up videos for this like mentioned in the second video?

C++ isn't my strongest language, and the documentation is quite bad. :(

Oct 30, 2016
I might take a look at that. Thanks.

Though I would like to write my plugin in C++ since I want to learn it anyway (I've written in C a couple of times so I'd imagine its about the same level of difficulty). I'm more so looking for better documentation on the functions really and other things, i.e. where is this being printed, since there is no console?
Code:
printf("PLUGIN: init\n");

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
I might take a look at that. Thanks.

Though I would like to write my plugin in C++ since I want to learn it anyway (I've written in C a couple of times so I'd imagine its about the same level of difficulty). I'm more so looking for better documentation on the functions really and other things, i.e. where is this being printed, since there is no console?
Code:
printf("PLUGIN: init\n");
Teamspeak provides the -console run parameter, that shows a console, mainly used for debug purposes

Oct 30, 2016
To get a console just start teamspeak with the -console parameter

Teamspeak provides the -console run parameter, that shows a console, mainly used for debug purposes
Ah okay, thanks guys :)

EDIT:
One more thing, functions like this one
Code:
void ts3plugin_onClientMoveEvent(uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, anyID clientID, uint64 oldChannelID, uint64 newChannelID, int visibility, const char* moveMessage) {
}
Is this invoked when any client in the Virtual Server changes channel or only when this client changes channel?

Oh and what would the moveMessage be? As far as I know, there isn't a message displayed when you change channel... I wish they documented this better. I guess I could just try and activate each function and print the variables to understand it better.

Last edited:

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
the event fires for all users you can see.

For the movemessage just test it yourself and print it :D