Is TeamSpeak shutting down?

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I think TeamSpeak will shutdown, watch the video and read below.

Here is some concerning activity:
  • Changed branding from a logo that looked professional for businesses to a logo that looks good strictly for gamers:
    1542955412722.png
  • Revoking NPL licenses and doing away with sponsoring others while expecting to be sponsored themselves
  • Their pricing is still too much compared to alternatives like Discord and Mumble - even for the Black Friday sale:
    1542955506780.png
  • Sized down from 2 CEOs (one for California, one for Germany) to only 1.
  • Annoying Twitter posts that seem focused on trying to increase TeamSpeak use by way of MOLESTING Twitter's tag feature:

Attachments

• 1542955484940.png
    1542955484940.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 100

Bidi

Feb 1, 2016
I hope they shut it down, only because of the prices X(
Stealing money from ppl with this prices

JoshLisher

Dec 21, 2016
With a big competitor like Discord, Teamsprak, in my opinion, will never be used as much. Discord being free and Teamspeak having a huge ask for money for the smallest server or license is probably, what I think, the reason as to why it’s dying. If Teamspeak was free then I know for a fact I would use it over Discord but I feel as though Teamspeak is a more professional Voice Over IP service hence the steep prices on the licenses.

The main reason as to why I am no longer using Teamspeak is because I don’t want to have a limit of 32 people for a private hosted server or pay a stupid amount for a slight increase in slots. I think the free Teamspeak server package should have at least a maximum of 100 slots as I can see Teamspeak being used in a more commercial way which would need more than 32 slots.

Just my opinion of Teamspeak and obviously others will differ so please don’t quote me and call me out for things.

FromLondon

Honk Honk
TeamSpeak Developer
VIP
May 20, 2016
Their accounting host is down around 2 weeks. LMAO
Or they are simply closed access to him from outside.
But first situation more possible xD

TodesRanger

May 29, 2018
I hope they shut it down, only because of the prices X(
Stealing money from ppl with this prices
It's not stealing... I agree that the prices are too high though

I don't think that TeamSpeak is going down, i just think that they want to be a better competitor for Discord and get the gamers back to TeamSpeak.

khofach

Restricted
Mar 22, 2018
we dont know whats gonna happend i ask the responsable of NPL usa and now im waiting for a reponse.

Assadriel

Jun 28, 2018
15 Dollar for 1 Year? Take my Money, NP.

Wtf i pay monthly more for Netflix, Prime and Youtube Plus...

I am ok with Mumble, but Discord is shit. (for me)

@bibi why stealing money? everyone need to be paid... (ts you pay with money, discord you pay with your data.)

Celso

Oct 1, 2017
If teamspeak really thinks about taking the NPL license and not making another free license available they will fail ... I have several friends who use the NPL and 32 slots are never enough for a clan or a guild

kellernet

Oct 3, 2016
Teamspeak has not innovated in the last 10 years. The limitations of licenses when you hire everything and they only put the software, they are abusive. Currently there are alternatives such as Discrod that is unifying many new concepts and looking for other methods of monetization. TeamSpeak is based on an outdated business model.

AsDiKa001

Aug 13, 2018
I just don't know that why are they asking money for a self hosted server? Discord is unlimited for free and we don't need to host anything for the same (mb higher) quality.
They are going to kill the whole teamspeak with this.

Fadex

Aug 30, 2017
Yesterday my license suddenly became invalid, although the logs show that it's valid until February 15, 2019. I contacted the support and I received only this answer:

Hello,

I'm not able to find any license connected to your name or email.

Thank you.

So, where is my license connected to my account?

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
where is my license connected to my account?
We have heard many similar stories to yours.

TeamSpeak is removing NPL licenses because they want money (it seems). In the process of them upgrading their licensing server(s), they are breaking a bunch of stuff like for example they are breaking NPL support before license end dates. Whether this is on purpose or not - we do not know. We definitely know they are in no hurry to fix this!

TeamSpeak seems to care more about money recently because they keep taking away all the free options. I think in 2019 we may even see the 32 slot servers are no longer free.