OVH Firewall best configuration?

Neon015

Dec 6, 2015
Hello, How to set the firewall configuration best OVH?

twrMsXX.png

dY0I8J9.png

ixM7MDz

CipherSpeak Developer
Jan 29, 2016
No need for ovh firewall if you are using ovh gaming firewall

any help you can reply me

Ammar

Apr 28, 2016
No need for ovh firewall if you are using ovh gaming firewall

any help you can reply me
I am using VPS SSD from OVH and i don't have Game Firewall. So, i also want to know the rules in their free firewall(same as pictured in OP's post) so that i can block Ddos attacks.

ixM7MDz

CipherSpeak Developer
Jan 29, 2016
I can provide to you 4GbB OVH Game VPS with 31.99$

If you want another one juat tell me your budget and i will tell you what can i offer to you

Ammar

Apr 28, 2016
put it in "permanent mode"
My VPS is always in "permanent mode" cuz when in AUTO my servers shuts down for 20-30 Mins depending on attack but if i don't configure the firewall(firewall without any rules), my server gets 90% packet Loss and after 1 minute it shuts down(gets Nullrouted somehow). So basically i really need the "proper" firewall rules so that VAC should let legitimate data pass and my server don't shut down.

Ammar

Apr 28, 2016
I can provide to you 4GbB OVH Game VPS with 31.99$

If you want another one juat tell me your budget and i will tell you what can i offer to you
I have very little budget because i just need to host a teamspeak server on it and nothing else :p

Ammar

Apr 28, 2016
Can you pay 4$?
Umm well its $ 0.51 more than OVH Vps so yeah i can arrange that but there is one more problem. I don't have paypal cuz paypal is not in my country :p I can pay you via Skrill though cuz i do have CC :D

Maniec

May 3, 2016
On ovh firewall u can block all ports without teamspeak, query, and file transfer, not buy server from sys, only ovh, use iptables to limit other port.

Maniec

May 3, 2016
Block all ports without 9987, query and file transfer (for security set custom ports in ts3server.ini) use this rules to small protect;

Code:
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 9987 -m connlimit --connlimit-above 5 -j DROP; #Max 5 users per ip
iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m udp -m state --state NEW -m recent --set --name UDPFLOOD --rsource;
iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 9987 -m state --state NEW -m recent --update --seconds 1 --hitcount 5 --rttl --name UDPFLOOD --rsource -j DROP; #limit connections to 5 per second