[Plugin-SDK Function] printMessageToCurrentTab : Space Trimming + Output Indentation problems.

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
So, I started working on a new teamspeak plugin recently, and eventually I got to the "Credits and Usage" part. I tried using teamspeak's printMessageToCurrentTab function to parse all the information on the user's current active chat tab and it worked.

The problems started showing up when I tried to properly ident the descriptions of each function

Basically, I tried to indent the text using \t and spaces and then found out that, the "printMessageToCurrentTab" function, would trim all the spaces, allowing only one space to be parsed, it would also completely ignore escape sequences.
Also, the only thing I found out by googling was ( http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/59801-Suggestion-PluginSDK-printMessageToCurrentTab )
As you can see, no response has been given in that thread.

Question
Now, the question is simple.
What would be the right hack to do the job, (properly indent output)?

@ehthe @Bluscream @Asphyxia
-Derp

Last edited:

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
There is a special char i seen once that you can use to indent, Its much larger indent. (trying to find)

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
I don't think printMessageToCurrentTab is intended to be used in a productional end-user scenario, that's why it's font color is blue by default and i never needed indentation, maybe just use a obvious split character like "=" or " (" or ":" idk :D