Code:
Visuals/Interface:
RainMeter: 3.2.1 r2386 64-bit,
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\R4p3\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Users\R4p3\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\

Picture:
dna-strand-3d-hd-wallpaper-1920x1200-2420
Get the Latest Rainmeter (I recommend using Final Release, Unless other themes require beta version):
Code:
http://rainmeter.net

DOWNLOAD desktop background with my custom Rainmeter's Visuals/Interface:
Code:
https://mega.co.nz/#!ztx2lZrQ!9gIxKjoZ1a4-Kay01pLi9PJFtk37uPzGE7xZv0sJg-w

Installation:
1) Install Rainmeter.

2) Copy files to appropriate directory:
Code:
Rainmeter.ini Goes to;
C:\Users\R4p3\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini

Skin's go to SkinPath;
C:\Users\R4p3\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\

Last edited:

rofl cake

May 25, 2015
One of the the reasons I have my weather prediction set at 3-day view is because weather predictions is the most accurate at three days range than it would be for one week.
Also the image of the entire world is real time seismic activity event logs. :)

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
Can you change the time format to 24 hours? I don't like that am pm shit xD

Nix

Jul 17, 2015
jPJrI08.jpg

There is mine, haha.

Forgive me for asking but why that particular background?

Does it motivate you to see people do stuff you would like to be doing? The head is missing, so I imagine you could see yourself in that picture. A well dressed IT-professional but also aligned with "da business" with a ridiculously high hourly payment. Adorned with a compatible sticky-note that radiates the valiant deeds you are about to partake on.

Or perhaps i'm overthinking it, I just find it hard to believe that people, especially those that code or do hardcore-IT have a blue background. That shit strains the eyes, yo. Your taskbar is also kinda cluttered, with a complete lack of desktop icons.

-Nix,

BLLSHT-approved certified desktop wallpaper detective-psychoanalyst

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I like business, I like computers and that guy may not be IT at all --- he could be investing into stocks online for example. The note is because I enjoy planning out my day, prioritizing things in order of which I prefer (usually) and whatever happens to be on my calendar. I'm a messy person, hence there being no desktop icons. I find shortcut icons on the desktop relatively useless and they easily clutter, easy solution: turn them off. The start menu was created for a reason and with the ability to pin applications to the Windows 7 Taskbar, I find the desktop a lovely place for an image of your choice and some notes on whatever you are going to accomplish in that day. If that strains your eyes, maybe you need to adjust your monitor or get flux: https://justgetflux.com/

I regularly Windows Key + R, "C:\" to access "Projects", "Education" and various other folders. I prefer that over throwing folders and files onto a desktop. It just helps me stay organized easier.

Nix

Jul 17, 2015
I like business, I like computers and that guy may not be IT at all --- he could be investing into stocks online for example. The note is because I enjoy planning out my day, prioritizing things in order of which I prefer (usually) and whatever happens to be on my calendar. I'm a messy person, hence there being no desktop icons. I find shortcut icons on the desktop relatively useless and they easily clutter, easy solution: turn them off. The start menu was created for a reason and with the ability to pin applications to the Windows 7 Taskbar, I find the desktop a lovely place for an image of your choice and some notes on whatever you are going to accomplish in that day. If that strains your eyes, maybe you need to adjust your monitor or get flux: https://justgetflux.com/

I regularly Windows Key + R, "C:\" to access "Projects", "Education" and various other folders. I prefer that over throwing folders and files onto a desktop. It just helps me stay organized easier.
Have you ever tried Elementary OS?, I think the design philosophy and the inability of placing icons on the desktop may be very compatible with your philosophy.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I don't want to use Elementary OS, I think my philosophy goes hand-in-hand with many Linux distributions. If I wanted a Mac, I would get a Mac. Elementary OS looks like just another Linux distro. This video kinda kills it:

As much as I hate Windows, I will probably always run Windows --- until more of my favorite Windows software works on Linux (reliably).

Last edited: