R4P3 Client Crash/Anti-Crash [3.0.19.0]

Agusanz

Jul 18, 2015
Just letting you guys know, i tested the "crash string" with myself and i was crashing because of the reload chat thing..it's not a bug at all..
Thanks @dedmen

I did crash sometimes last night, i have no idea why, maybe it's another string? i dont know..

such "exploids"
6da6befea9.png

DeStRoYzR

Sep 14, 2015
This plugin provides a hotfix addressing a recently discovered vulnerability affecting TeamSpeak3 Client version 3.0.19.0
It also provides a PoC Utility to exploit the vulnerability!

Only use it on your own Server for test purposes!
R4P3.NET wont take responsibility for damage caused.

gOjPVV3.png

This doesnt prevent crash if the String is still in the Chatlogs!

Credits go to the exploit's original authors!... and also

Derp: Plugin Development
Kaptan647: Plugin Development

-R4P3-DevTeam // Dedmen
This link does not work: !!

Haltamer

Mar 19, 2016
I've found some interesting artifacts whilst testing this on my server.
We've had one person become resistant to the malformed message, being able to send it himself (Both using the 3.0.19 client version without the plugin) - the drawback of this immunity, however - Whenever he attempts to connect to the server after a client restart, he immediately times out, crashing to desktop as though the plugin had been used on him.
This has happened to another user, also, who received the message but didn't crash, and is now unable to connect to all servers where it has been used.

In an attempt to rectify the issue, they installed the plugin themselves and deleted their client chat logs, to no avail; they are still unable to connect to the servers.
It's a rather interesting quirk.

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
I had the same issue, couldn't connect to my own server anymore, was unable to remove chat-logs as they kept returning.

Downgraded to 3.0.18.2.

EDIT:
how to use it btw?
1) Install plugin
2) ?????
3) Profit

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
If you were crashed before getting the plugin, simply delete/rename your chats in /config/chats/*server*/..