Votes: 13 81.3%
  • No, bullshit!

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
Since r4p3.net discovered a way to generate Teamspeak 3 Unique Identities i would like to see a website like tsid.r4p3.net where you can request a UID with a input box for the security level with a maximum value of 128 like the regular client has. You could shut down your pc and just wait for the uid's to get finished :)

tl;dr Concept Tutorial:
  1. Go to https://tsid.r4p3.net.
  2. Enter the amount of ids (max 3), security level (max 128) and a valid email address that you have access to.
  3. After the creation of the ID's you will get a email on your entered address with download links to the generated UID's.
  4. Click on the links to download the ID's. They will get deleted from the server after the download.
  5. Import them to your TS³ Client and have fun. :p

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
zstTumq.png

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Well you would need tremendous amounts of computational power to achieve high level uids :(
So it's kinda feasible but not interesting.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
I have a dedicated server that I could lend to the r4p3 team hosted at OVH. Not all of it, but I could give 2 cores to this project. If the demand is very high, then we could just have a waitlist lol.

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
I have a dedicated server that I could lend to the r4p3 team hosted at OVH. Not all of it, but I could give 2 cores to this project. If the demand is very high, then we could just have a waitlist lol.
I don't think that is feasible at all.

R4P3 Has like 150 daily users, say %50 of them decide to try the website and generate 5 identities with security level 128. What do you think would happen?

Your server would probably end up getting suspended by OVH for the following Reason:
Violation of the ToS

Read this: https://www.ovh.com/us/support/termsofservice/General_Terms_of_Service_US.pdf

and this: https://forum.ovh.us/showthread.php/608-mining-and-torrent?p=2235&viewfull=1#post2235

Considering the fact that, the CPU would constantly be at 100% the "OVH Robot" (mentioned in the post above) would trigger, Reporting it as a "Mining Attempt"

Edit: beside, trusting another server with your own secret key it's just nonsense

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
Great but i think this should be a cheaper server :) It's not an important feature but it would help many people cause they don't have to keep the pc on for weeks. Of course the process should be splitted into multiple threads and each thread has a CPU limitation.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
I don't think that is feasible at all.
R4P3 Has like 150 daily users, say %50 of them decide to try the website and generate 5 identities with security level 128. What do you think would happen?
Like I said, waitlist

Considering the fact that, the CPU would constantly be at 100% the "OVH Robot" (mentioned in the post above) would trigger, Reporting it as a "Mining Attempt"

Edit: beside, trusting another server with your own secret key it's just nonsense
This server has 8 cores, 2 out of 8 cores... It's an openvz server. I need the other cores for my other projects, but it's far from being at 100%.

Well, I think I can be a trustable r4p3 member. What could happen is that I host this for the team. Asphyxia would only need to A address the "tsid.r4p3.net" to this server plus all the r4p3 members that needs access could have it. I'm just trying to help here lol.

EDIT : FYI, those 2 cores have been maxed out 100% for the last month as I am a good boy and running the Standford protein folder to fight cancer and other diseases. http://folding.stanford.edu/