RIP BlazingFast.io

KissKiss

May 21, 2015
Well, as the title says, BlazingFast.io is down for almost one day without any warning, even on facebook.
What do you guys think about this?

Check yourself at: http://isthissitedown.net/blazingfast.io or try to open their website.

EDIT: Problem seems to be resolved, but no info still came out from their offices (at least supposing that they have one).

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I have an update. I ran a tracert on their domain and it appears they are under a null route or blackhole route firewall rule. All traffic coming in is being blocked by Voxility, which is the firewall service BlazingFast uses to protect from DDoS attacks. It can happen to anyone with a strong enough attack unfortunately. My guess is that they are being targeted by a DDoS of some sort and Voxility decided to just drop all connections.

USJwnHB.png

You may also check this here, just type blazingfast.io: http://ping.eu/traceroute/

Code:
traceroute to blazingfast.io (185.11.145.10), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets

1       * * *

2 core21.hetzner.de 213.239.229.129 de 14.536 ms 14.541 ms 
core22.hetzner.de 213.239.229.133 de 0.186 ms

3 core4.hetzner.de 213.239.245.14 de 4.764 ms   
core1.hetzner.de 213.239.245.177 de 4.859 ms 4.856 ms

4 fra-anc-02gw.voxility.net 80.81.195.144 de 5.222 ms 5.404 ms 5.406 ms

5       * * *

6       * * *

7       * * *
No reply for 3 hops. Assuming we reached firewall.

I noticed I got the same result when I tried a tracert on voxility.com from ping.eu although I am able to tracert voxility.com from my machine just fine. It could be a firewall issue, hard to tell though since we can not easily see what is on the other side of the firewall. That is up to the BlazingFast admins to update us with information. I am sure in the next couple days we will find out.

Last edited:

X-Ecutioner

Contributor
Sep 16, 2015
Shit, I not possible :/
This is why the last 4 or 5 days the blazingfast servers disconnect yourself or are offline for 5min 10min. Even SSH access not responding.
Many latency, this is not normal.

All Servers (even vps) fall at the same time: /

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I have a VPS with them that is running just fine, SSH was working and all. I also noticed their website just came online for a little bit, but when I logged in --- I was getting a rejection error from the server.

Address :
Rua do Cedro 65 3030-178 Coimbra Portugal
BlazingFast Lda
ASN : AS60033
Support :
Email : [email protected]
Phone : +380638106649

Here is their contact info if anyone wants that.

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
I have a VPS with them that is running just fine, SSH was working and all. I also noticed their website just came online for a little bit, but when I logged in --- I was getting a rejection error from the server.

Here is their contact info if anyone wants that.
Mine is also running but everyone times out so often, I never had any issues before up until that day, doubt it's just routing issues..

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I was noticing during loads when multiple users were accessing the system --- everything was freezing up, going completely slow. I think their network is messed up, the infrastructure is under attack and overall routing is getting clogged up in some way to make user content harder to deliver and in some cases completely dropped.

Keep in mind OVH has an Alexa ranking of 2,049 while BlazingFast has a rank of 97,925. While these are estimations, I think you get my point. BlazingFast is not as large, they are not as commonly used and so it makes sense that they are down right now without providing users any information or updates on the status of their network/system. Transparency is important with issues lasting a while. Blazing should make a Twitter post at least stating they are investigating network issues and they expect to resolve any network issues in the next <insert_expected_time>.

Having users just sitting and wondering what is happening is bad. We don't know if they are shutting down, under attack or being investigated. Their status page does not even show there are any issues, all systems look perfectly normal but those are likely manually updated. ;)

X-Ecutioner

Contributor
Sep 16, 2015
You're right to EVERY problems or outages, BlazingFast not communicating: /
When you open a ticket, they are slow to respond and say that all is well. Hold that OVH reminds me that ...
I was noticing during loads when multiple users were accessing the system --- everything was freezing up, going completely slow. I think their network is messed up, the infrastructure is under attack and overall routing is getting clogged up in some way to make user content harder to deliver and in some cases completely dropped.

Keep in mind OVH has an Alexa ranking of 2,049 while BlazingFast has a rank of 97,925. While these are estimations, I think you get my point. BlazingFast is not as large, they are not as commonly used and so it makes sense that they are down right now without providing users any information or updates on the status of their network/system. Transparency is important with issues lasting a while. Blazing should make a Twitter post at least stating they are investigating network issues and they expect to resolve any network issues in the next <insert_expected_time>.

Having users just sitting and wondering what is happening is bad. We don't know if they are shutting down, under attack or being investigated. Their status page does not even show there are any issues, all systems look perfectly normal but those are likely manually updated. ;)

linuxman

Feb 8, 2016
Hahahahahaha

Welcome to reality
But the problem has existed for a month, their page the last 3 months has gone down 8 times!Yesterday there have been two major Downtimes 1)10min and 2)15min.

****(This is the truth)
Paul Gavrilyuk / Support Engineer

Hello,
On behalf of the company we apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately we not could influence the situation. We have sent several letters to the engineers voxility about the current issue.

Kind regards,
Paul

Since yesterday

tracping.png

Last edited:

KissKiss

May 21, 2015
Modified first post.

I think that BlazingFast is slightly going down, they should handle better their network.
More and more problems are coming out everyday using their services, and the only thing that they say via ticket is "Try if it's better now".

Definitely not recommended anymore.

linuxman

Feb 8, 2016
Modified first post.

I think that BlazingFast is slightly going down, they should handle better their network.
More and more problems are coming out everyday using their services, and the only thing that they say via ticket is "Try if it's better now".

Definitely not recommended anymore.

Hahahahahahaahahaha :p

Nikolay Butov / Support Engineer

Hello,

Please check if you experience issues now.

Best regards,
Blazingfast Team

Tony Onopriychuk / Chief Executive Officer

Hello,

We've fixed the issue, please check now

Kind regards,
Tony

Nikolay Butov / Support Engineer

Hello,

Please check if it's better.

Best regards,
Blazingfast Team

Paul Gavrilyuk / Support Engineer

Hello,
Can you check now is better ?

Kind regards,
Paul

linuxman

Feb 8, 2016
The network even now go down for a few minutes, It has gone down at least four times.

RIP BlazingDown.io

JoKeR

Apr 21, 2016
What do you expect from Blazingfast? Its a fucking malware host which doesnt care about irc/http botnets, portscanner etc. on servers in their network.

I dont know if its still the case But thats how I know them.