Script to prevent channel hopping

Corne

Jan 12, 2016
Name of the script: Prevent Channel Hopping

Functions of the script:
The script/function should prevent channel hopping. My suggestion is that if a users hops 3 channels within 30 seconds the users should get a warning, two more will prevent the users from moving for 30 seconds. This the users gets warned for moving to quickly and are prevented from doing so for 30 seconds if the users violates again

Why do you want it: We seem to experience allot of users trolling by jumping between our public channels. not sure if they scripted it but the users are being harassed by this. There is also many uses for this script to keep users tame

Screenshots: I don`t unfortunately have screenshots for this

Original source (if any): I have come across the idea on the site below "Channelhopping -Ban a client if switching the channels to often"
https://www.stefan1200.de/forum/index.php?topic=588.0

Other notes: Perhaps there is some other web interface tool that already has this capability. Id also be happy with anything that can achieve

Last edited:

Nikellas

Aug 25, 2016
Name of the script: Prevent Channel Hopping

Functions of the script:
The script/function should prevent channel hopping. My suggestion is that if a users hops 3 channels within 30 seconds the users should get a warning, two more will prevent the users from moving for 30 seconds. This the users gets warned for moving to quickly and are prevented from doing so for 30 seconds if the users violates again

Why do you want it: We seem to experience allot of users trolling by jumping between our public channels. not sure if they scripted it but the users are being harassed by this. There is also many uses for this script to keep users tame

Screenshots: I don`t unfortunately have screenshots for this

Original source (if any): I have come across the idea on the site below "Channelhopping -Ban a client if switching the channels to often"
https://www.stefan1200.de/forum/index.php?topic=588.0

Other notes: Perhaps there is some other web interface tool that already has this capability. Id also be happy with anything that can achieve
can you explain better the
"We seem to experience allot of users trolling by jumping between our public channels. not sure if they scripted it but the users are being harassed by this. There is also many uses for this script to keep users tame"

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016
can you explain better the
"We seem to experience allot of users trolling by jumping between our public channels. not sure if they scripted it but the users are being harassed by this. There is also many uses for this script to keep users tame"
he actually wants a script that prevents that.

Corne

Jan 12, 2016
We have trollers that irritate other players by constantly joined and leaving their public channels. They are doing this very quickly (Could be scripted) So if i can stop that they and any other potential trollers will be demotivated to continue making effort to troll

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016
We have trollers that irritate other players by constantly joined and leaving their public channels. They are doing this very quickly (Could be scripted) So if i can stop that they and any other potential trollers will be demotivated to continue making effort to troll
there is a way that you don't need any plugin.
you can change the anti-flood settings but this will stop everyone (even admins)

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
Yeah you should research even a little bit and you would of seen you dont need a plugin

Corne

Jan 12, 2016
Thank you for the information. I have played around with the flood settings and i can achieve my goal with this although it does get affected with other commands like sending pokes, messages etc...
Additionally is there a way to list all the users and their current flood point status?
Perhaps keep a history of their offenses (Dates, Reason and names used)
Or can we do something that adds them to a group should they hit their flood limit to often or shortly after connecting to the teamspeak (Perhaps a variable that could be set (If flood level has been hit 3 times in 5 minutes Add to group ID:XX)