Solved Shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooke

May 4, 2016
What do you think of adding a shoutbox? Is there a reason why there is no shoutbox?

Brooke

May 4, 2016
In other forums with 20-30k members I can't see spam in the shoutbox.

Edit: Maybe its because its another community, could be imaginable that here are alot of kids who don't know how to setup their shit and spam in the shoutbox to get help.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Okay, thanks. Can be closed.
Well, I appreciate you bringing this issue up to our attention again. We always welcome ideas and despite this already being mentioned in the past, it is clearly important for the community to feel a sense of engagement with each other. I can understand that want/need for community discussion. Perhaps a shoutbox/chat could be for VIP members only.

I will think more about this. :)

Norvik

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jul 18, 2015
Perhaps a shoutbox/chat could be for VIP members only.
This would be awesome. But users shouldn't be allowed to ask for support in the shoutbox since that would completely spam it. Also keep in mind that every extension could create new vulnerabilities.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
This would be awesome. But users shouldn't be allowed to ask for support in the shoutbox since that would completely spam it. Also keep in mind that every extension could create new vulnerabilities.
Want to check over some source code with me sometime this weekend if you have time? Are you familiar with PHP analysis (security)?

Just a volunteer opportunity, if not that is fine. :)

newnameplz

Apr 26, 2015
When this community was still small-ish there was a period of time where we had our own IRC server. I forget what happened to that.

Regarding the current proposal, I think XenForo's profile posts feature fills the role of a shoutbox just fine.

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
It has already been proposed several times. We were thinking about embedding an IRC Chat in the forum some months ago, but that didn't become a thing since we didn't have time to work on that (some stuff got in the way)

@newnameplz it got closed due to inactivity

Status
Not open for further replies.