Sigterm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Oct 23, 2015
Woke up to my server crashed and this:
2016-07-20 06:56:56.820687|INFO |ServerMain | |Received signal SIGTERM, shutting down.

Benjo

Feb 23, 2016
Well I googled it like every expert, so I'm quoteing multiple useful points found the the teamspeak forum:

Normaly Linux has two reasons for sending a kill signal:
1.: When the server shuts down.
2.: When someone uses the kill or killall command in ssh.

There is actually a third possibility where this could come from :
If you are running Teamspeak on a Vserver (virtual rootserver etc.), it is very likely that your system ressources have very thight soft and hard-limits.
Once these limits are hit the OS will automatically shutdown programms with lower priority to keep the high priority ones running.
I suggest you take a look at your system ressources when launching TS3, especially system memory.

When the server runs critically low on RAM OOM Killer kills a process it selects based upon an arcane criteria I don't understand. You can immunise a chosen process (like teamspeak) against this. The instructions are fairly clear here:
http://linux-mm.org/OOM_Killer

However.
I don't recommend doing this. If you prevent OOM killer killing Teamspeak, the largest memory user at the time, OOM killer will go through your server picking the next most favourable process, and the next, and the next, each time freeing up more memory for TS to grow into. OOM killer was killing almost every other process on my server: Apache, MySQL, Mail server, FTP daemon etc.

I found a better solution by creating a cronjob that checks every 60 seconds if Teamspeak is running, and if it isn't, start it. If you'd like, I can link what I use.

A better better solution.
Get a server from someone who isn't Goddaddy; someone who will let you add memory without re-renting it.

So yeah have a read through them bad boy quotes and see if you can solve it.

dedmen

TeamSpeak Developer
Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
Someone told your teamspeak server to shutdown.. either a user that has rights to do that or the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.