Tutorial SQLite3 to MariaDB / MySQL

BIOS

Knowledge Seeker
VIP
Oct 10, 2015
I wanted to do this since I preferred to have my databases in one place, I wanted to move the TS3 server I run to MariaDB. I ran into several struggles, such as converting the database into a format which could be read by MySQL and MariaDB. Since Teamspeak stopped supporting MySQL, you should probably switch to MariaDB.

I found a script that helped me do this, but it didn’t completely fix the problems. So I fixed that.

For this guide, I used Debian 9.2 and MariaDB 10.1.26 You may need to install sqlite3, perl and libmariadb2:

Code:
apt-get install sqlite3 perl libmariadb2
Anyway, here is the way to convert your Teamspeak 3 server from SQLite to MariaDB or MySQL. The perl script in this guide can be used for other SQLite conversions.

Exporting and preparing the database:

• You need to SSH into the machine and do a dump of the SQLite database, so shut the teamspeak service down:
      Code:
      systemctl stop teamspeak
    • Create a new database and user for your TS3 server. it is recommended you create one which has a database in its own name which it has full privileges of. phpMyAdmin can help you with this.
    • Change into the TS3 directory containing ts3server.sqlitedb. For example, my TS3 is located in
      Code:
      cd /opt/ts3
    • Backup first, then dump the database from SQLite:
      Code:
      cp ts3server.sqlitedb ts3server.sqlitedb.bak
      Code:
      sqlite3 ts3server.sqlitedb .dump > MyDBName.sqlite.sql
    • Download the script from GitHub:
      Code:
      wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NotoriousPyro/SQLite-to-MariaDB-MySQL-perl-script/master/sqlite-to-mariadb.pl
    • Now, make it executable run the perl file like so:
      Code:
      chmod +x sqlite-to-mariadb.pl
      perl sqlite-to-mariadb.pl MyDBName.sqlite.sql > MyDBName.mariadb.sql
      1. You now should have (as long as there were no errors) a MariaDB / MySQL-compatible SQL file! Import it into your MySQL / MariaDB server:
        Code:
        mysql -u root -p MyDBName < MyDBName.mariadb.sql
      FOR MARIADB ONLY:
      1. Change into the sql/updates_and_fixes directory inside your TS3 server folder:
        Code:
        cd sql/updates_and_fixes
      2. Import these two SQL files to the database you just imported, one after the other has finished:
        Code:
        mysql -u root -p MyDBName < convert_mysql_to_mariadb.sql
        Code:
        mysql -u root -p MyDBName < mariadb_fix_latin_utf8.sql
For the next steps Configuring Teamspeak and Autostart look here:
https://r4p3.net/threads/scripts-for-ts3-server-mariadb-autostart.5696/

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
why you using a dead language like perl... Just use PDO its interconnected with many database drivers.

BIOS

Knowledge Seeker
VIP
Oct 10, 2015
is not my my convert file i said: "I found a script that helped me do this, but it didn’t completely fix the problems. So I fixed that." and the converter has nothing to do with database connection.