Whats your favorite provider?

• Total voters

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
You both please stop throwing shit at each other. I dont want to restrict your access in this thread :(

Keep whatever you write informational, if you think the opposite is wrong, provide evidence/proof for your statements. It shouldnt be that hard. :D

oalaro

Feb 9, 2016
A. B-A DONT KNOW what you try to mean a DDOS mitigation of 300gbit cant be bypass. THERES A OVH SPECIAL attack.

IMO this OVH SPECIAL attack has always been TCP based, so that won't work against GAME protected ts3 server.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
I dont know if you guys but for me, backups gaming servers, such like RUST and arma 3 to the OVH backup drive using FTP connection corrupt my files. I no recommend to use it.
Never had this problem. I don't see how their backup space can corrupt your files.

this is a image of feb 28. OVH respond to me the network fault in one of the STRESS test.
By the way... My experience is using the CANADA datacenter. I dont know about the 2 european centers.
http://prntscr.com/au5mqy
They are not 100% perfectly protected, because no1 is. But the service they offer is cheap, their DDoS protection is very effective compared to other solutions that are more expensives.

EDIT : I'm talking about the GAME protection here, not the PRO protection. The PRO protection does almost nothing to protect attacks directed at a TS server

onerodz

Feb 9, 2016
Never had this problem. I don't see how their backup space can corrupt your files.
Its only happened to me in some .dll of steam games...
If i compres this ones on .rar, .zip .7zip and bring it back from the backup, games files cant be extracted. SORRY for my english guys im trying to do my best.
I never try use ftp from linux, always use win serv2012 because for Steam. I just sharing this info, one time i open a ticket and they tell me in rare cases this happend and they dont know why. My dedicated OS is preinstaled from the OVH GUI using one of my OS licence, so i know its not a problem of the OS.

I know this is off of the post but its the only thinks i see bad from OVH... beside that... OVH its for the 95% of us.

Apr 19, 2016
Incloudibly using the same ddos protection and I tested them 2-3 months ago. Not recommended at all.
Because they are on solarcomm datacenter and share same protection https://www.solarcom.ch/en/ddos_protection
Please apologize me if i break into this thread but i found it searching DDoS key from my company.
I'm Matteo Berlonghi from SeFlow and i see that some user in this forum use our protections. Is a young project, it started on first March and we're improving daily our filters. Please if someone experiencing disconnection or downtime does not esitate to contact me directly and i will look with my engegneer to update filters.

Any help will be much appreciated

Haltamer

Mar 19, 2016
With the protection provided by standard OVH Anti DDOS Pro, Is there anything that can be done to improve resilience to UDP attacks on teamspeak servers?
I'm aware that this type of protection is TCP based, and that I would be better off with a game server; but should you have tips for the time being I'd be most grateful.

Enrico Caruso

Oct 28, 2015
I am the opinion that webtropia is not good. I have made my experiences with Webtropia a year ago. If I was under attack, webtropia had blocked my server ip for half an hour(!) and that every time

JayJax

Apr 28, 2015
There is no provider thats good with DDoS Protection bellow 800 dollars.
Everything above 800 dollars is good, for example akamai although akamai will not be 800 dollars a month but more like 1500/2500.

IRC Information:
Possible leak in 2016 or 2017, Aprox 60Tbps network ranging from servers to botnet and is the smallest one available.
So prepare your anuses if your renting a server any kind.

stormtrooper

Sep 14, 2015
BlazingFast and Voxility are really the best, OVH is good for very small Anti-DDOS requirements.. If you have 1 000 000 $ you can ask akamai for anti-ddos :p

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
There is no provider thats good with DDoS Protection bellow 800 dollars.
Everything above 800 dollars is good, for example akamai although akamai will not be 800 dollars a month but more like 1500/2500.
The more you spend, the more likely you will have something solid. However, I disagree to set a price for a good ddos protection. DDoS protection is all about your need, all about what gets attacked, how you are able to filter it, who is attacking you, scale of the attacks, etc. There is too many factors here to base the effectivity of a DDoS protection with the price.

BlazingFast and Voxility are really the best, OVH is good for very small Anti-DDOS requirements..
Don't know if you are talking about teamspeak here, but BazingFast uses Voxility in addition with their own hardware solution. You will get a constant packet loss under permanent mode, and their suggestion to only put the sensor mode is not a real workaround to the issue. Basically, you don't want your server to go down with 100 people in it when the mitigation kicks in, cause only 75% of those people will comeback after 30 seconds of downtime. My experience is that OVH anti-ddos game is better than voxility, not in term of capacity but in term of filtering. (But that my experience and what I heard, you are the first person that says that BlazingFast is better.)

R

roflcopter

Those people are banned in most forums as they copyed the Leasweb logo, and didn't provide any information on their offers. Avoid.

barricas

Apr 18, 2016
Feedback on ExtraVM OpenVZ FR? I want to ditch my GAME dedi, too expensive just for a voice server lol.