Resource icon

TeamSpeak 3 Client Avatar Crasher [till 3.0.17] 2017-06-20

No permission to download

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Asphyxia submitted a new resource:

TeamSpeak 3 Client Avatar Crasher [till 3.0.17] - TeamSpeak 3 Client Avatar Crasher [till 3.0.17]

This is the final version of the TeamSpeak 3 avatar crasher. Setup is extremely simple since the beta update fixes the crash.
  1. Open your TeamSpeak 3 client.
  2. Settings ---> Options ---> Application ---> Update Channel: BETA, Apply
  3. Help ---> Check for Update
  4. Download the attached ts3_plugin, install it.
  5. Plugins ---> AvRape ---> Upload

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
I strongly advise anyone to not install teamspeak beta versions (from 3.0.17) ! They send stats without your consent ! And those stats may contain plugins name (need to be checked) . You should wait until the stable version is released.
Another solution would be to block network traffic (with the host file maybe).

Soza

Sep 10, 2015
Note this doesn't crash IOS, not sure about Android. They can just ban you on the phone client. Can something be done for that?

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
This is a bug in QT and neither the Android nor the iOS version uses QT.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I don't think your post really got us out there, it was more of a martyr move. The credits got shot down, they were tipped off. Interesting idea, bad move --- just my opinion. ;)

Your post pretty much screams "Hey, I am advertising for R4P3.NET, I am from there. Oh, this is what we found --- patch it if you can." and now they are and your back-link was wrecked as expected. Not trying to be mean, but any mentioning of R4P3.NET directly on the TeamSpeak forum is generally just a bad idea. They'll remove it or ban you, they already know who we are and what we do --- we are rivals. We are for security, they are for money (hence their proprietary everything and usually slow security fixes compared to Mumble).

If anything, we should have a code word or a specially crafted phrase we attach to our posts, much like the Christians developed a special symbol to represent Christianity without being persecuted. For example "TeamSpeak is very good software." could be suffixed on any of our posts there. While we have a thread titled that on our forum explaining what is good about it, which is pretty much just the design and some of their functions they offer better than Mumble. Other than that, TS3 is garbage --- if it was open source, had a similarly easy/nice design and similar functionality... it would be 10X better. It would be better for security, to have security experts inspect the code, able to send in patch recommendations, join the project to help --- etc. In addition, people could take it and change it to behave however they would like, modify the design to fit their business needs, etc. :)

Last edited:

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015

He's saying that he posted that thread on TeamSpeak forums to let them know
I don't think your post really got us out there, it was more of a martyr move. The credits got shot down, they were tipped off. Interesting idea, bad move --- just my opinion. ;)

Your post pretty much screams "Hey, I am advertising for R4P3.NET, I am from there. Oh, this is what we found --- patch it if you can." and now they are and your back-link was wrecked as expected. Not trying to be mean, but any mentioning of R4P3.NET directly on the TeamSpeak forum is generally just a bad idea. They'll remove it or ban you, they already know who we are and what we do --- we are rivals. We are for security, they are for money (hence their proprietary everything and usually slow security fixes compared to Mumble).

^ THAT

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Not to mention, that was basically a straight VIP information leak. My finger is ready, but I will show mercy. Don't do something like that again Death. ;)
Normally I would issue this type of warning in a private message, but I have specifically chosen for this to be a public warning for demonstration purposes. Don't be sorry, don't feel bad --- just don't do something like that again, thanks pal.