TeamSpeak 3 Server Crack Checker

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
This is interesting, anyone have an idea how this works?
http://ts3crack.tk/crack.html
It is supposedly checking an IP address which hosts a TeamSpeak 3 server and figuring out if the server is cracked or not. :eek:

Zajao

Jun 9, 2015
May be it checks the accounting port?
The real ATHP must have it open, and cracked must have it closed

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
Well not really - the AccountingPort can still be open for incoming connections. All you have to do is to redirect the outgoing requests to localhost.

rofl cake

May 25, 2015
Doesn't look like it works all that well. I'm running a cracked server. :p
TqTqwge.png

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
For the crack people are getting from The Pirate Bay (not sure which one) --- it does show them as cracked. Maybe those ones all have the same server ID or something.

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
For the crack people are getting from The Pirate Bay (not sure which one) --- it does show them as cracked. Maybe those ones all have the same server ID or something.
No. It does show my server as cracked also, and im running Supervisor's crack.

Zajao

Jun 9, 2015
It sais my server is ok - I use the same pack.

Maybe someone by that site collects IPs of the Cracked servers?)
You don't need to search them - people give you the IPs

Kaptan647

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 25, 2015
I figured it out. If your server's UID is "jd4no081xUkKQmkpRbLfeytLMz0=" or Your server's creation time is "Sat Jan 11 18:06:43 2014" it says your server is cracked.

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
I figured it out. If your server's UID is "jd4no081xUkKQmkpRbLfeytLMz0=" or Your server's creation time is "Sat Jan 11 18:06:43 2014" it says your server is cracked.

My server neither has this UID or this creation time but i still get:

044ea68493be23727db147195ae99b4e.png

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
First thing i checked is if it sends anything directed at the voice port. It doesn't. I doesn't seems so.

So it might just check if the accounting emulator is listening.

Last edited:

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Did you try to disable the crack to see if there's caching or if it is simply a list ?

EDIT : Try disabling reporting to weblist when creating a new cracked server. See if it solves the cracked states on the site.

Last edited:

self.add()

Jul 20, 2015
It just checks for the AccountingServerEmulator(ASE). It sends a packet to it (an invalid one btw) and checks for a response. You can also find that in the logs of your ASE. If you shut down the ASE and do the check it will tell you the server is clean. I believe you would just have to block their requests and it will always say it's clean.
Alternativly set up the ASE on a different Server and redirect the TS3 Requests to that server via hosts file. This would keep your TS3 running and it would not be possible to listen for the ASE on the TS3 Server IP. (Someone could just set up an alternative Accounting Server for others.)

Edit: To Fix the problem of the Crack Checker showing the Server is cracked just block all incoming connections to the ASE in your Firewall. This will prevent the ASE from receiving a packet from the Crack Checker and therefore not sending a response. This will make the Crack Checker show "Clean".
Since the ASE runs on local and the TS3 Server will request everything from the ASE via local the Firewall shouldn't interfere and therefore not prevent the TS3 Server from "validating" the Licence. Might need further testing. Seems to work for me though.

Edit 2: Found a way to crash the ASE via packet. That's probably what they were going for with their checker in the first place.
This won't work if you blocked incoming connections to the ASE.

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Thanks LS4WT, I like that idea. It would be pretty cool if R4P3 had our own public accounting server emulator setup on accounting.r4p3.net or something. The only issue I could think of is the financial cost of running that. Perhaps have it donation-driven? :D

sylvaind

Jul 20, 2015
I think this is the IP used to check your server : 37.187.144.39
It was saying that mine was cracked, I blocked it (iptables -I INPUT -s 37.187.144.39 -j DROP) and it now says that it's clean. That's not a definitive solution, but it will work with this site for now.
If anyone could give a definitive solution that'd be great ;)

Kekko991

Jul 24, 2015
Hi, but.. what is the closed port on cracked server? How 37.187.144.39 scan and get out the results ? (Cracked or Clean)

I'm building a port scanner.. but i want know what is closed port(s) on cracked server

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
I think that is kind of funny :) thats because:
Lets assume you do have a cracked server and you did block the accounting port 2008.
In that case you would not get any response with your port checker, right?
Now lets assume you do have a valid and licensed server.
If you scan that port 2008 you will not get any response, either.. and that is because only the accounting server will listen to that port (because you do have a valid license in that case, there is no accounting server to respond).

So no matter the status of your server (licensed/cracked).. You won't get any response checking that port.
The only way you'd get a response is if the server runs an accounting server and the port is not blocked with a firewall.