TeamSpeak 5 acquired 2020 by R4P3 Network

bindik

VIP
May 10, 2016
You guys are focused too much on the numbers, the video was not strictly a numbers video.

Businesses are great ideas, not great numbers.

TeamSpeak needs to be acquired, if Discord buys TeamSpeak then oh well.

If we try, then we cannot say we just gave up and let TeamSpeak die when the software no longer exists.

TeamSpeak 5 seems to be failing miserably, they cannot even get to a beta release from alpha in what seems to be ages.
Numbers are not my point as well, my point is that if someone acquires teamspeak it will be someone who offers really absurd high amount of cash, it wont be R4P3.

iKaros

Restricted
Oct 4, 2017
You clearly are focused too much on the numbers part. The video was not about numbers, but if we wanted to dive into numbers I would show you graphs and examples of TeamSpeak being used less EVERY month since Discord has been around.
That's a fact we all know, not because Discord goes up, Teamspeak is crap.

You guys are focused too much on the numbers, the video was not strictly a numbers video.

Businesses are great ideas, not great numbers.

TeamSpeak needs to be acquired, if Discord buys TeamSpeak then oh well.

If we try, then we cannot say we just gave up and let TeamSpeak die when the software no longer exists.

TeamSpeak 5 seems to be failing miserably, they cannot even get to a beta release from alpha in what seems to be ages.

You talk about "trying" with the money of others without giving proof that they really want to sell it to you. Allow me to doubt R4P3 for the first time and its veracity.
From respect and without the intention of offending anyone.

Please, check:
https://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/teamspeak.com/
Only that the 5% whether real, already far exceeds the ridiculous amount you want to offer.
To finish, these companies are millionaire people, and only in licenses earn more than that per month and they could afford Teamspeak for at least 5 more years without earning anything.

Last edited:

bindik

VIP
May 10, 2016
Teamspeak may be declining but it wont go bankrupt as long as there are people paying for licenses, game SDKs, etc.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Teamspeak may be declining but it wont go bankrupt as long as there are people paying for licenses, game SDKs, etc.
TSVIEWER shows only 9,000 servers.

I can develop a global IPv4 TeamSpeak server discovery scan if you want, wouldn't take long.

If you want to know how many TS servers exist (public facing), I will gladly show you.

The only people I know excited about paying for TeamSpeak have a gaming clan of like 50+ users. Even then, a great majority of them are moving to Discord anyway.

With TeamSpeak's childish rebrand that looks marketed toward gamers (only), TeamSpeak has probably lost a vast amount of professional respect.

You are both mentioning TeamSpeak will not go bankrupt, they have been getting rid of staff. Switching out CEOs probably to save money - https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/TeamSpeak-Systems-Salaries-E1638757.htm this is relatively little money for a BDM (business development manager).

Also, for having TeamSpeak 5 beta almost ready to go they sure are recruiting a fuck ton of developers https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Teamspeak

iKaros

Restricted
Oct 4, 2017

I can develop a global IPv4 TeamSpeak server discovery scan if you want, wouldn't take long.

If you want to know how many TS servers exist (public facing), I will gladly show you.

The only people I know excited about paying for TeamSpeak have a gaming clan of like 50+ users. Even then, a great majority of them are moving to Discord anyway.

With TeamSpeak's childish rebrand that looks marketed toward gamers (only), TeamSpeak has probably lost a vast amount of professional respect.

You are both mentioning TeamSpeak will not go bankrupt, they have been getting rid of staff. Switching out CEOs probably to save money - https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/TeamSpeak-Systems-Salaries-E1638757.htm this is relatively little money for a BDM (business development manager).

Also, for having TeamSpeak 5 beta almost ready to go they sure are recruiting a fuck ton of developers https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Teamspeak
1- TeamSpeak was created for gaming.
2- TeamSpeak don't show cracked servers, +40K are cracked.
3- Yeah, show me screens I like know more :)

Harrasan

Restricted
Jul 18, 2015

Yes, please show us that you can actually do more than talking.

Jackbox

Jan 2, 2016
Yes, please show us that you can actually do more than talking.
We already have? People like you are why black hats exist and just infect 1,000,000 users to have a nice command and control (botnet).. and make money that way. Because most people are stupid users. ;)

But I am developing the zgrab module (Golang aka Go), not for you. For me.. if anyone is curious why, I am going to make a scan run for 9987 UDP (default voice port) across ALL IPv4 addresses with ZMap (tutorial here). Then with the list of IPv4 with 9987 open, I am going to run my custom ZGrab2 module (example of using http module) I am naming ts3 (ts3.go), go ts3 go go go inspector gadget get fucked. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

bindik

VIP
May 10, 2016

What about client and server SDK for games as VOIP system. Servers are not the only source of income.
We all know teamspeak is declining, but if they ever were to go banrkupt, they wouldnt be acquired for under 10k like you think.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
if they ever were to go banrkupt, they wouldnt be acquired for under 10k like you think
That is why we are launching this campaign now, so we can pool money together before the number of servers running gets down to the 100s instead of the 1000s. I did not say they are going bankrupt tomorrow, they are not well established for longevity is all. I am talking about legit servers.

Unless they have some tricks up their arse, they are a 90 year old grandpa trying to fight fires.

I am just trying to campaign now, so we can reach a caring userbase (which clearly most people don't give a shit apparently).

Second thought about to just rm -rf /* our website and call it a day. TeamSpeak sucks arse, I should have never got into a fight with dante696 about TeamSpeak security issues back when I started this forum. We would not exist and this would all be so better, with TeamSpeak having hundreds of security issues.

Also, if you search dante696 on Google.. he shows up on our forum as a stupid TeamSpeak employee.

Last edited:

bindik

VIP
May 10, 2016
That is why we are launching this campaign now, so we can pool money together before the number of servers running gets down to the 100s instead of the 1000s. I did not say they are going bankrupt tomorrow, they are not well established for longevity is all. I am talking about legit servers.

Unless they have some tricks up their arse, they are a 90 year old grandpa trying to fight fires.

I am just trying to campaign now, so we can reach a caring userbase (which clearly most people don't give a shit apparently).

Second thought about to just rm -rf /* our website and call it a day. TeamSpeak sucks arse, I should have never got into a fight with dante696 about TeamSpeak security issues back when I started this forum. We would not exist and this would all be so better, with TeamSpeak having hundreds of security issues.

Also, if you search dante696 on Google.. he shows up on our forum as a stupid TeamSpeak employee.
Yes, I understand your point, but even 5k, or if you are lucky enough to get ~20-30k from public, that will still be laughable amount of money.

Harrasan

Restricted
Jul 18, 2015
Are you from another planet? The TeamSpeak brand alone must be worth several billion dollars. I don't want to offend anyone, but I still don't get the point in this campaign. If TeamSpeak is dying like you say and you have the developers and business people, go on and create a better product. Or join the Mumble development team and improve existing open-source software.

All I read is that it's apparently very easy to create a VoIP solution like TeamSpeak, design an awesome UI and even make it free of charge. So stop talking and DO IT.

You say that you're not evil and don't want to harm anyone. Still you released one-click tools that allowed script kiddies to crash servers and even made money with your VIP paywall. You say that you're doing this for educational purposes but most of the time not even released the source code for an exploit where people could actually learn and/or benefit from.

I think we can all agree that TS had some idiot CEOs in the past. Offering you guys a few hundred bucks per month to shut up was disrespectful and stupid.

Again, I don't want to just hate the R4P3 community, but you're just not what you claim to be in my opinion. Don't waste your time with silly campaigns like this. Get your "security research team" and start making things better.

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Are you from another planet? The TeamSpeak brand alone must be worth several billion dollars.

Sorry, you are dumb. All you ever do is bitch about how everyone else is stupid and cannot do anything yet I see you do nothing and your contributions are useless.

TeamSpeak is fucking dead, if you think Google is lying about search trends then I cannot help you and I think you need counseling since all you ever do is shit talk other people and their ideas.

TeamSpeak worth a billion as in $1,000,000,000... quit using meth or other drugs.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I guess you don't understand my argument anyway
No because your argument is pointless.

You are acting like a cat that just got an unwanted bath, chill.

You are defending a company that has listed their TS5 Beta Program - Coming Soon almost a year ago.

Want proof of this? https://web.archive.org/web/20180611154910/https://www.teamspeak.com/en/downloads/

No one should ever advertise a beta program coming soon going on a year ago and then fail to deliver for, ahem, a year.

TeamSpeak Systems has bad communication, their marketing sucks, TeamSpeak 5 has been in alpha too long, the number of servers for TeamSpeak has dropped from 100,000+ down to less than 10,000 in a short period. Search trends for TeamSpeak have completely dropped since Discord has come out and gained widespread recognition as a useful, free, and overall highly functional VoIP solution for gamers and entire clans or communities.

TeamSpeak is quite useless, that is of course if some serious changes do not occur.

Discord does not want to buy TeamSpeak. Microsoft does not want to buy TeamSpeak. Really not a single person I can think of would want to buy TeamSpeak. Did you check the search trends for their brand? Brand equity, brand value, and overall TeamSpeak is trashed. It got drunk, fell down the stairs, and has brain damage.

Time for us to have a collection pool of money to pour into savings as an entire community and take back the platform to make things better. Even if TeamSpeak is valued at $1,000,000 - I am willing to get to that amount.

I obviously cannot do that all on my own but I am willing to take out business loans if needed. I just do not want to go the VC (venture capital) route like Discord because even though they are a highly valued brand, I feel they are owned by their investors. With this crowdfunding method, WE own the project together without having a business push ideas on us. The community can listen to each other and grow as opposed to have Microsoft push usage of Skype integration, etc - just an example. Some investors have motives or agendas, here the idea is to restore life into TeamSpeak. I do not believe a TeamSpeak 5 release will do this.

U

User_68819

@iKaros I am unaware of TeamSpeak's revenues. Since their company is also very private, finding certain information can be annoying. $1,000 was a very low example and I will not pay more than TeamSpeak is worth. Since TeamSpeak's value is going down, now is a great time to acquire them.

TeamSpeak Revenue

TeamSpeak has total assets of 1.785.632 Million Euros in 2017

TeamSpeak has total profit of 869.397 Million Euros in 2017
- in 2015 they had a profit of 1.414.035 Million Euros

Last edited by a moderator:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
2015 they had a profit of 1.414.035

Well, I appreciate you sharing this info!

If things continue as trending, TeamSpeak 5 is going to be like their grand finale fireworks. Maybe a bunch of exciting noise and banging but then the show may be over.

Assets or not, the TeamSpeak business is worthless if profit is on a sharp decline.

Their assets are probably their buildings like their USA and German headquarters.

They can sell all that stuff, we only want their software and can run our own headquarters out of a very small office and mostly do remote work (programming, etc).

Harrasan

Restricted
Jul 18, 2015
You are defending a company that has listed their TS5 Beta Program - Coming Soon almost a year ago.
OMG! My aplogies... we should burn their houses and kill them all!!!

Grow up. TS isn't the only company where software updates are delayed. Think about the last Windows 10 update in October 2018. TeamSpeak has made a lot of mistakes in the past, but it's still a great product. Personally, I don't know a single person using Discord for voice chat. Discord is Slack for games and their UI is nearly a 1:1 copy of Slack. For me, TS is still unprecedented when it comes to performance and quality.

In terms of revenue, I think you keep forgetting that TeamSpeak consists of multiple companies where the German one is ONLY responsible for development.

Listening to your talk in your video reminds me about good old Terry Davis. Everything is so easy for you.

the number of servers for TeamSpeak has dropped from 100,000+ down to less than 10,000
Where are these numbers coming from?

Last edited: