TeamSpeak 5 Beta

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I believe they have enough time, but the mascot is ridiculous.

The Nerf gun matches their partnership with "The Abyss" company... TeamSpeak only teamed with The Abyss because they're a startup in Malta island. CEO of TeamSpeak is probably just enjoying the trips out to The Abyss headquarters in Malta. Too much damn play, not enough work. Keep jerking off with your Nerf guns TeamSpeak and jacking server prices. We will keep waiting for TeamSpeak 5 puzzle pieces in case you managed to make something exceptional. But we will not be unexpectedly let down if you fucked this all up really bad! ;)

As for the UI, looks like Discord fucked Mumble and TeamSpeak 5 is the baby.

Want a perfect example of false promises and shattered dreams? Just go here https://portal.theabyss.com/ and try clicking on most the stuff in the nav bar? Fuck the world..

Unfinished TeamSpeak, The Abyss portal unfinished. Sure maybe they will pull through in the next month but when companies under-deliver or deliver at the last minute they are flexing user trust and abandoning user loyalty. This causes users to switch platforms, for example to Discord. The ship is sinking and servers are going away. This is like watching a dead body a week in and thinking "Maybe they will just stand up."

Mourn and walk.

Bad leadership, poor execution.

Even if TeamSpeak delivers they probably still use the QT framework, see https://teamspeak.com/en/more/careers/#tab-1

They are hiring for Java, C++, and Android development. Skip the web client. Skip free Android and iOS clients. Skip nonprofit free servers. Skip TeamSpeak.. we used to find so many security issues in their software and report to them. We got offered $200 to basically shutdown our website and hide away the insecurities of the TeamSpeak 3 platform.

Dying companies suck especially when you do not want to see them totally dead. What can you do? Sucky leadership, sucky companies, sucky results.. RIP.

What is TeamSpeak doing? Cycling through many CEOs. The answer to resolving a failing company is not to keep throwing CEOs to the side. Find a really damn good CEO and stick with that man! Not happening, pray to Jesus.

Last edited:

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
Mourn and walk.

Bad leadership, poor execution.

Even if TeamSpeak delivers they probably still use the QT framework, see https://teamspeak.com/en/more/careers/#tab-1

They are hiring for Java, C++, and Android development. Skip the web client. Skip free Android and iOS clients. Skip nonprofit free servers. Skip TeamSpeak.. we used to find so many security issues in their software and report to them. We got offered $200 to basically shutdown our website and hide away the insecurities of the TeamSpeak 3 platform.

Dying companies suck especially when you do not want to see them totally dead. What can you do? Sucky leadership, sucky companies, sucky results.. RIP.

What is TeamSpeak doing? Cycling through many CEOs. The answer to resolving a failing company is not to keep throwing CEOs to the side. Find a really damn good CEO and stick with that man! Not happening, pray to Jesus.
Hot news: R4P3 acquires TeamSpeak Systems GmbH for $1.

Can we start a fund to Buy teamspeak?

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Hot news: R4P3 acquires Teamspeak LLC for $1.

Can we start a fund to Buy teamspeak?
I actually think this is a cool idea? Anyone else for crowdfunding the buying of TeamSpeak? We could open-source the project and make it more secure, develop our own features, and even port the platform to have a web browser client. Somewhat similar to Discord but with the beautiful crystal clear quality TeamSpeak offers. Plus, people can host their own servers for privacy and overall security.

Last edited:

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
I actually think this is a sexy ideas? Want to crowdfund buying TeamSpeak 3.. and TeamSpeak 5 maybe we can make TeamSpeak 666 and everyone will use the dark mode?! :D
As you even said, "Dying companies suck especially when you do not want to see them totally dead. "
No one wants to see teamspeak die, Teamspeak (the software) is still great. But the company is making turns to kill its self. Someone whether a new CEO or an entirely different company needs to take over.

Heres some info I do know which lead to the whole issue starting with NPL going away and prices going sky high.
NPL was so easy to get everyone who ran their own server was on an NPL, all except those who had more users then 512.
Teamspeaks main source of income was from A) Game developers integrating Teamspeak as their VOIP system and B) 3rd party hosts.
Now I haven't seen any games in recent years using Teamspeak as their VoIP, they all use either an in-house VOIP OR VOIP provided with an engine (like Unity or EU4) OR a paid addon for these engines OR some free open source VOIP library.
Teamspeaks other sources, 3rd party hosts are still gaining them income, but they came under fire after the whole Teamspeak server crack and a bunch of random 3rd party hosts popping up undercutting them. Teamspeak had to bend over backwards to keep this source of income, first by attempting to ban the cracked servers, then hard patching the affected versions so no one can use them and then changing the whole license system.
And while all this was going on, discord appeared and starts sweeping market share right from under Teamspeak.

The jist, 3rd party hosts are selling fewer servers meaning they are buying fewer licenses from Teamspeak. So now Teamspeak is basically on damage control.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
And while all this was going on, discord appeared and starts sweeping market share right from under Teamspeak.
Exactly, TeamSpeak just cannot keep up with competition. They are outnumbered in funding sources by Discord, the number of highly-skilled developers, and so much more.

TeamSpeak as a whole needs to be bought out by a trustworthy bunch of people that care very much about TeamSpeak and love the platform along with listen to all users. I do and we know a lot of people here that care VERY MUCH about TeamSpeak.

Boxer

Jan 5, 2017
I actually think this is a cool idea? Anyone else for crowdfunding the buying of TeamSpeak? We could open-source the project and make it more secure, develop our own features, and even port the platform to have a web browser client. Somewhat similar to Discord but with the beautiful crystal clear quality TeamSpeak offers. Plus, people can host their own servers for privacy and overall security.
If we can do this so do it an the donators get a special badge

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
@Asphyxia i don't think they will give it away for a price you can afford to be honest. Even if they are dying. But let's see what comes
From Crunchbase, TeamSpeak was launched by Kevin Ludwig, Grayson Babington, Rico Huber, and Peter Strempel in October 2001.

Their jobs posted to Glassdoor and Indeed show they are a small company with a flat hierarchy.

The only salary reported is for a Business Development Manager, around $89,000. This seems a little low to me. Assuming TeamSpeak has between 10-50 people roughly.. I simply do not understand how TeamSpeak would be valued at greater than a couple million dollars. Maybe $3,000,000 tops! They are hemorrhaging money which drives their company value down lower - this is why they are trying to remove NPL (free) licensing and trying to find alternative ways to make their platform more profitable.

I will do my best to valuate their company and see what the cost is to buy their company/platform if they are willing to sell. Even more, Fred Hasani resigned as an agent from TeamSpeak Systems Inc. in California. You can see he goes back to 2014. He resigned just in December. I think they are trying to cut their losses by reducing all spending but they are doing so at the expense of their own company and disrupting user loyalty. Considering how privatized TeamSpeak Systems is as a company (based in Krün Germany), getting any exact numbers may be difficult.

Last edited:

WillDx

Aug 1, 2016
Maybe better way than buying whole company will be buying only teamspeak3 source code and rights to use it.From my perspective that would be win win situation.
They will get cash to end suffer with teamspeak 5.
And we will be able to continue with teamspeak 3.

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
Maybe better way than buying whole company will be buying only teamspeak3 source code and rights to use it.From my perspective that would be win win situation.
They will get cash to end suffer with teamspeak 5.
And we will be able to continue with teamspeak 3.
Teamspeak source code is the company. TeamSpeak is nothing without the single product they have. They don't have any other product.
Just to finalize, teamspeak 5 and teamspeak 3 are the exact same product. Teamspeak 5 is just a UI rework.