TeamSpeak 5 Beta

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
connect to this teamspeak:

pts

(servernickname) and check out the server versions.
Ahh it's a server version, thats probably a beta created for sven to test some feature/bugfix

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Nope, it's really client
YqMELIv.png

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Here a better Version with the 4 puzzle
Those are timestamps way off the screen to the far right. Proof the UI/UX already sucks..

Discord

TeamSpeak Concept

Keybase

Also we love @kzone and @Alligatoras for being in this example :p

Please do not pretend TeamSpeak's choice to place timestamps far off the screen in relation to the username/message is smart. This is very piss poor UI/UX!!

Last edited:

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
Those are timestamps way off the screen to the far right. Proof the UI/UX already sucks..

Discord
View attachment 1757

TeamSpeak Concept
View attachment 1758

Keybase
View attachment 1760

Also we love @kzone and @Alligatoras for being in this example :p

Please do not pretend TeamSpeak's choice to place timestamps far off the screen in relation to the username/message is smart. This is very piss poor UI/UX!!
I dont think the timestamp all the way on the right is bad, unless it does not highlight that message when clicked.
As long as it highlights the message including the timestamp, so you actually know which timestamp you need to see - I don't see an issue.

h1web

VIP
Sep 2, 2015
Im getting lazy with that puzzle shit thing they are doing now. First they told us we can test that shit client in Dec. 18, now every day a puzzle. How many puzzles left? The last puzzle says "COMING Q4 2019" or "coming when season 9 in game of thrones is announced".

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I don't see an issue.
The problem @0x0539 is the order of "when, what". This is a very intuitive and simple concept. I could send you "Hello". That alone is totally helpless if you have no idea WHEN I sent this message to you. More modern messaging systems track sent/delivered/read although this concept has existed even with early email systems. Oftentimes we see these as different colored checks like a grayed out check, blue check, etc.

If you have not signed in recently, you have no idea how recently active people were in normal operation of reading from "left up, down right" unless maybe you are a native reader of:
  1. Arabic
  2. Aramaic
  3. Dhivehi/Maldivian
  4. Hebrew
  5. Kurdish (Sorani)
  6. Persian/Farsi
  7. Urdu
Until of course, you look far right. This is a flaw in my opinion. People can have their preferences but it is not arguable that every other example I posted has When (timestamp)/What (message).

You can disagree with me, you cannot disagree with UI/UX professionals (because they are magic) and I have worked with quite a few when dev workin'. They would spill their coffee onto their lap looking at this bs and type what I just pretty much typed.. I have read this before typing it lmao. Use this forum as another example, time of post is top left somewhere I believe e.g. 4 minutes ago or hover for time.

Last edited:

floppy

Mar 6, 2016
This is a minor thing that can be fixed easily. (Maybe it's even an option)
The screenshot is fullscreen too, why you would use an application fullscreen when you don't gain anything more? This very much looks like you should use it with maybe 1/3 or 1/2 of your screen width.

But UI/UX professionals aren't always right either. The recent trend is space wasting. Just look at the newest Chrome version, or Material design. Seems optimized for touch bullshit, not for Desktop usage. You don't need that on a Desktop.

dragonfr3ak

Nov 16, 2016
what i just love so much about teamspeak 3 find that man has his own server not like at discord if you know what i mean i also use discord but to write

Yeah I hate disocrd for not providing server software... and the sound quality of Teamspeak is better too.

And maybe it's just me, but kinds of features do the people even want? I don't need much more from teamspeak besides the things it already does

HardRevo

Sep 26, 2016
Yea there is defo something in the top left. It's probably going to have one of those embedded videos or images in the chat also.