TeamSpeak 5 Beta

fyfywka

TeamSpeak Developer
Contributor
Sep 10, 2015
7088LYt.jpg

HardRevo

Sep 26, 2016
Okay so I think I got it. The Chat on the right looks like the chat for the group "Developers".
Above the Groups should be where you select the server.
So if we choose the server it should show the channel tree.

We can also see what looks to a blue cut out for an image or a video on the chat.

I least that's my theory.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Jackbox

Jan 2, 2016
Their new client matches their new website.

This tells me they are using the same designer for their desktop application as their website application. Desktop app design is not the same as web app design. They're pinching pennies guys!

Whatever.. :whistling:wake me up when September ends.

Nothing seriously wrong with all this I guess, just they should have a better UI/UX from what I am seeing so far. Maybe they will change things and fix them up but for now I just see a desktop app trying to get caught up with Discord.

Curious to see which programming language and or frameworks are used in the development of TeamSpeak 5. My guess is another QT application which packs a lot of file size and uses quite a bit of memory. More than anything, I am interested in software using less processing, memory, and overall being FULLY optimized. If we can have cutting edge VoIP software both client and server that squeeze the most out of system resources, then I am going to drool and smile big.

I will do some benchmarking to compare TeamSpeak 3 with TeamSpeak 5 when their new stuff comes out. We shall see!

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
Yeah I hate disocrd for not providing server software... and the sound quality of Teamspeak is better too.

And maybe it's just me, but kinds of features do the people even want? I don't need much more from teamspeak besides the things it already does
There's a lot of things i like TeamSpeak does over discord.
  • You control your server.
  • The server comes with database support for scalability (This could easily be monetized)
  • The query API for the server is powerful.
  • The client also has a query API.
  • Native plugin support.
  • Very in-depth permission system. (though I do like discords per group permission, If TeamSpeak could add the ability to give specific groups access to channels etc)
  • Native Theme's (Though don't know if this works on TS5)
  • Sound quality is better
  • Teamspeaks ban system is powerful with the regex support
  • Giving someone permissions via group, client or channel perms is support useful.

Daica

Aug 18, 2015
There's a lot of things i like TeamSpeak does over discord.
  • You control your server.
  • The server comes with database support for scalability (This could easily be monetized)
  • The query API for the server is powerful.
  • The client also has a query API.
  • Native plugin support.
  • Very in-depth permission system. (though I do like discords per group permission, If TeamSpeak could add the ability to give specific groups access to channels etc)
  • Native Theme's (Though don't know if this works on TS5)
  • Sound quality is better
  • Teamspeaks ban system is powerful with the regex support
  • Giving someone permissions via group, client or channel perms is support useful.

I agree with you on pretty much all the points. Only thing I would like to say is that I would like some more modern support like what discord has. GIFs, custom emoticons, images, videos, easier file sharing, video and screen sharing. It's 2019, not 2005.

When I suggested those features to teamspeak and other people, they said that teamspeak is meant for gaming voice chat only, and that it's not a "social media platform", well look at them now, desperately trying to get back into the game.

Teamspeak's technology is GOOD, but its lacking many features

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
I've not seen anyone talk about the TS mobile application yet, is the mobile version not going to update to TS5? Will that take another year to go from TS3 to TS5?

HardRevo

Sep 26, 2016
I agree with you on pretty much all the points. Only thing I would like to say is that I would like some more modern support like what discord has. GIFs, custom emoticons, images, videos, easier file sharing, video and screen sharing. It's 2019, not 2005.

When I suggested those features to teamspeak and other people, they said that teamspeak is meant for gaming voice chat only, and that it's not a "social media platform", well look at them now, desperately trying to get back into the game.

Teamspeak's technology is GOOD, but its lacking many features

it has image support if you check on the chat there is a blue cut out that looks like its for an image.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
well look at them now, desperately trying to get back into the game.
I mentioned to their two former CEOs (Andreas, James) a great while ago before Discord came out that they need to focus more on mobile and web app development - for example free mobile clients. They ignore everyone and everything presented to them. I truly believe buying TeamSpeak is the only way to get exactly what we want. We can basically design the platform listening to the greater majority of the community. What do we all want and agree on? We can get that, if we own TeamSpeak. It can be more of a democracy, with listening to the community and voting on features.

We can be a breath of fresh life into the TeamSpeak project. If TeamSpeak 5 sucks, do not lose hope guys.. the more this sucks, the more affordable a buyout is. :)

Last edited:

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
I don't think a buyout is realistic at all.
Me neither, I wanted to joke about it but wasn't sure if he's serious or not.

No matter how shit the application currently is, it's not gonna lose it's value. Unpayable for individuals like us. And no, we will not even get close to their price if we do collect together.

kalle

high minded
Contributor
Oct 28, 2015
Me neither, I wanted to joke about it but wasn't sure if he's serious or not.

No matter how shit the application currently is, it's not gonna lose it's value. Unpayable for individuals like us. And no, we will not even get close to their price if we do collect together.

True, idk how is he planning to buy that company shares because their budget is still bigger than ours together. And if u buy some %, still you own less then major owner and ur voice over decisions is useless.

Jackbox

Jan 2, 2016
And if u buy some %, still you own less then major owner and ur voice over decisions is useless.
If you do not run a million dollar business, I do not expect million dollar business advice. The more you own, the more power you have. This is why contracts exist too, for example you may say R4SEC, LLC is buying TeamSpeak System, Inc in California for all rights to the TeamSpeak software including source code etc. You generate all the legalese, run by a lawyer and get a deal established. If someone wants to contribute anything helpful or in any way insightful feel free. Just saying "Meh, shit idea." sounds like a McDonald's employee.

Back when TeamSpeak offered to buy us out for $200, maybe we will hand them the same papers with some wording switched. We have found RCE (Remote Code Execution) for TeamSpeak, this alone would have sold for $10K+ and most bug bounties would pay decently for this too. What causes a $10K RCE? Shit code at a shit company that has shit security.

Anyone here that is "super smart" claiming a buyout is unreal have any sort of venture capital experience? Discord sure does... compare Discord to TeamSpeak. Yep!! Numbers sure don't lie.... think usage statistics (see below).

Venture capital is a type of private equity, a form of financing that is provided by firms or funds to small, early-stage, emerging firms that are deemed to have high growth potential, or which have demonstrated high growth.

An angel investor is an affluent individual who provides capital for a business start-up, usually in exchange for convertible debt or ownership equity.

I am fine with anyone critiquing any ideas, but to call a business idea "unreal" without thorough research is pretty moronic - in the kindest way possible.

One could develop a business to acquire TeamSpeak, stuff happens..

DiscordTeamSpeak
Alexa Rank14515,357
Google PageRank87
Refer from domains53,40117,277
Venture capital$150,000,000.00$0.00
Name ServersCloudflareCloudflare
Registrarnamecheap compsi-usa info
Regular users1,000,000+90,000
Valuation$2,000,000,000.001,000,000 (unknown)
Servers100,000+10,000+

Discord is valuable because everyone uses the platform and knows what it is - less people know TeamSpeak nowadays or think "Oh, that old shit". TeamSpeak lacks too many features, the market share, and is gradually slipping away - losing market share. This is why there was an attempt at rebranding. This is why they are trying harder than ever to engage in the "fun" social media bullshit like releasing their new software photo in an array of puzzle pieces. TeamSpeak is a fucking terrible company. If I want to buy them, I will. If they do not accept, making something better than TeamSpeak would not be hard - just take a lot of time (tedious). It is just busywork... tying all the libraries together, getting codecs optimized with codebase, and other boring shit. Can I do this? Yes. Am I going to waste my time? No, buy. Not too long ago we had R4P3's Alexa ranking at 120,000 globally. This is pretty fucking spectacular considering what we are...... an Internet forum discussing TeamSpeak and their security. At least we started this way.

Since TeamSpeak sucks and is losing hella ranking, so are we. TeamSpeak is kind of our foundation, the problem with pouring cement into sand is things shift around. TeamSpeak is sand blowing around with strong Discord wind. Not sure how better to word this but TeamSpeak is clearly struggling to stay relevant - anyone disagreeing here has a bird brain.

R4P3

TeamSpeak

The only difference is TeamSpeak obviously is an established company, they are indeed financially trying to get their act together to become more competitive with Discord. The problem is their approach is futile considering they are incredibly privatized and have rejected the venture capital route - I see a trend that European businesses appear more afraid of going toward venture capital especially early on (I could be wrong). They would rather fully own themselves which I do not think is a bad idea entirely but in a capitalist market, capitalism wins and you have to do WHATEVER it takes to stay on top. Sometimes this means listening to your userbase (customers come first). If you do not listen to your customers, your customers will go somewhere else. Think customer service, anyone? TeamSpeak sucks really bad at this among many other departments.

If that means having shares, well then you fucking do that! If not, you start seeing tiny ass puzzle pieces despite promising a beta release Q4 of last year THAT DID NOT HAPPEN.

Last edited:

MarineHya

Aug 27, 2017
TS3index has TS5 Beta Badge any informations?