TeamSpeak 5 Beta

Jackbox

Jan 2, 2016
Part of TeamSpeak's problem is contributing to their project(s) has always been somewhat of a pain. Their documentation has always been lacking or very annoying to make things work.

If their company wants to be ready to stay around, they will need to have appropriate documentation to help people get started developing with their platform. Discord is simpler in so many areas, the fact they have a web client and mobile client - all for free.. servers free... literally everything is free. TeamSpeak 5 is not going to magically save their company. A lot of big changes are needed.

An example of someone wanting to make software for TeamSpeak but unable to figure anything out: https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/138861-SDK-C-integrate?p=465867#post465867

Jackbox

Jan 2, 2016
stupid competitions
but it could be that user interactions may have a bigger impact on CPU & RAM.

Know what I strongly believe? TeamSpeak 5 takes significantly more CPU and RAM.

We will just have to see, I am ready to laugh but I would really like to help TeamSpeak :)

Last edited:

Jackbox

Jan 2, 2016
There will probably be a PlayStation 5 released before TeamSpeak 5 releases. :eek:

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
There will probably be a PlayStation 5 released before TeamSpeak 5 releases. :eek:
That would be good. More market share, as far as I know, discord isn't on any console. It can also help teamspeak sell their Game Voice SDK to console game developers if it works.

Jackbox

Jan 2, 2016
discord isn't on any console
I don’t think TeamSpeak will be in any console. I agree it would be best for them but they won’t even let people have free mobile apps. TeamSpeak would present the stupidest pricing or licensing agreement ever to Sony. They offered to buy us for $200 at our prime.

Just under 10 days and we will start seeing how TS5 looks!

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
Playstation has their own party-system, any voice-communication application is irrelevant on consoles.

DoctorTree

Jun 20, 2018
I think Teamspeak announced everything way to early. Making this stupid beta competition thing signup that long already annoys me.
Having this beta signup on the download page for about 5 months now, and then it beeing useless is kinda stupid aswell.

They probably should've gone public about a beta just over 1-2 months before it actually releasing. This way everyone was pissed, because at first they said something like Q4 2018. Its march now, and we have a small ass picture of what ts5 is likely to look - Great.

U

User_68819

I think Teamspeak announced everything way to early. Making this stupid beta competition thing signup that long already annoys me.
Having this beta signup on the download page for about 5 months now, and then it beeing useless is kinda stupid aswell.

They probably should've gone public about a beta just over 1-2 months before it actually releasing. This way everyone was pissed, because at first they said something like Q4 2018. Its march now, and we have a small ass picture of what ts5 is likely to look - Great.

We all have to wait till 15th and then at least the CBT gonna maybe some of the dudes that are in there gonna make a video and show us at least how it is. and tbh i realy don't know how long the CBT gonna last for or how long they gonna milk it.

Apr 20, 2017
I really don't understand why is it so hard for companies not to put out a release date or some kind of public deadline before they actually know their product will be in some kind of release-friendly condition.

I'm honestly pissed off about their promises about Q4 2018 release as DoctorTree said above, same with the stupid, and in this case pointless riddle about the alpha/beta. I feel like they're just trying to copy most of the features (offline messages etc) from Discord, which is taking them a long time, or they're just really lazy.

DanyB

Jul 17, 2017
TeamSpeak is going to die...they just can't keep it anymore...
They made a lot of bad decisions..

U

User_38581

TeamSpeak is going to die...they just can't keep it anymore...
They made a lot of bad decisions..
Please don't say that teamspeak is going to die like 90% of everyone here, just because you're angry of that silly waiting for TS5..It's better to say that teamspeak suck rather than they'll die. Dont write nonsense only because you're angry of that shitspeak, Im angry too like everyone else here