TeamSpeak 5 Beta

U

User_68819

Makes sense, so in reality there are no beta testers and with the alpha testing everyone that entered probably was never selected unless TeamSpeak already knew them.

TeamSpeak is such a private company I do not believe they would give their alpha client to anyone in the public.

So, there are beta testers and I can tell u that they were actually picked randomly by a bot I guess. I know people who won the Beta badge and obviously they will be in the closed beta because they’ve won.

TeamSpeak only selected alpha tester themselves , NOT the Beta tester they’ve legitimately won.

bindik

VIP
May 10, 2016
So how did not a single picture from beta client leaked? Steam clients leaked, various games leaked before release,some source codes leaked of various apps. But not a single picture of a client which supposedly some people have.

MCGs

OG
Contributor
Mar 26, 2017
Because... the beta version isn't on air (they're working on the alpha) and the testers are "playing" careful... with TS5.

U

User_68819

So how did not a single picture from beta client leaked? Steam clients leaked, various games leaked before release,some source codes leaked of various apps. But not a single picture of a client which supposedly some people have.

I think you can't compare these big companies with Teamspeak, there is a bigger percentage that something from a new steam client is going to leak than from TeamSpeak. Steam is huge and as I said Teamspeak is "small" and picks the alpha tester themselves because they know them and trust them that nothing is going to leak.

Edit: I bet there are people who could leak the entire client with all features, but they won't. just saying

Last edited by a moderator:

bindik

VIP
May 10, 2016
I think you can't compare these big companies with Teamspeak, there is a bigger percentage that something from a new steam client is going to leak than from TeamSpeak. Steam is huge and as I said Teamspeak is "small" and picks the alpha tester themselves because they know them and trust them that nothing is going to leak.

Edit: I bet there are people who could leak the entire client with all features, but they won't. just saying
Again handpicked alpha clients, yet post before you said "TeamSpeak only selected alpha tester themselves , NOT the Beta tester they’ve legitimately won. " Alpha wont leak, beta would. Thats the difference

U

User_68819

Again handpicked alpha clients, yet post before you said "TeamSpeak only selected alpha tester themselves , NOT the Beta tester they’ve legitimately won. " Alpha wont leak, beta would. Thats the difference

i think the closed beta will be pretty bad because 40% of the people who won probably already forgot about TS5 and the CBT will never be over a couple of weeks so...

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
closed beta will be pretty bad because 40% of the people who won probably already forgot about TS5
I have done monitoring of TeamSpeak usage:
TeamSpeak is dying monthly and even daily.

Read up on these wonderful articles
- TeamSpeak's unprofessional "hush" remark.
"Tbh TS was dead way before the (((Discord))) Test Phase", TeamSpeak has been dying before Discord even launched I would agree. I used to browse random TeamSpeak servers often and found way more "back in the day".

"when teamspeak would be full but now its dying", "If Mcpz has a discord I would like to see the invite"

tl;dr TeamSpeak is dying daily and the developers dragging out the beta are only prolonging a slow and agonizing demise for TeamSpeak 5 when there finally is any type of release. They have been saying beta is coming soon for over a year now, I believe... on their website.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Q4 2018 btw
It will be Q3 2019 in a couple weeks. They are asking for patience at the same time trying to hire plenty developers. We should all totally have confidence(!)

MCGs

OG
Contributor
Mar 26, 2017
Yes... may the hype is dead because peoples did get bored of TS5 and didn't care anymore but we're almost 6 months about that deathline. They may promised the full version or at least the beta stage in Q4 2018 but this never happend and now, we've just figured out that they're still working on the alpha client, however. Just heard sometimes that this client could be broke with some features so they won't release the beta version yet.

Whatever, they got their 50/100 "beta-testers", for whatever they did but however, don't care 'bout that now.
The next question will be: how long does this beta-stage will take? how long are these "winners" able to use TS5 in the beta stage and how long do WE have to wait to get this client?
Anyway, there're some lucky alpha-testers, hope them to enjoy their client 'till the beta stage.

I'd respect all programmers at teamspeak systems and appreciate their work but WHY do they even said a year ago that the TS5 BETA Client is nearly READY to launch?
Result: there's no beta.

This "space" is also not true.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Result: there's no beta.

It is entirely possible with all of the decreasing usage of TeamSpeak, before they get enough programmers into their career/job roles - perhaps TeamSpeak will be much less used. If this is the case, TeamSpeak will be upside down. By that, I mean TeamSpeak will possibly be paying more in salaries or overall worker wages to keep the business afloat. This is a strong prediction of mine.

With declining popularity of TeamSpeak, there is less demand for servers. Without server licenses, I do not believe TeamSpeak will be making money. With many ATHP teams reporting declining TeamSpeak server sales, I firmly believe TeamSpeak is on the way to shutting down.

Based on many support rating regarding ATHP-related topics I would even bet TeamSpeak's very own hosting providers dislike the company. For example, many hosts are unhappy with how difficult TeamSpeak has made it to find hosting offers: https://support.teamspeakusa.com/in...up-on-the-map-teamspeaks-athp-finder-tool-why

At the bottom there is a star rating and if I paid money to become an ATHP, I would be pissed too if TeamSpeak did not list me to help increase my sales. The behavior of TeamSpeak is practice of self-harm to TeamSpeak itself by ultimately harming their ATHP teams. An ATHP is essentially volunteered salesmen for TeamSpeak's server licensing. TeamSpeak should really do more to help drive sales to their ATHPs like MARKETING! At the end of the day, I see less business potential in the company every month they fail to release their promised beta client.

Not too much longer and our patience will expire, like many others before us...

TeamSpeak is still trying to hire for developers of: Android, C++, and Java. How could their beta almost be done?

TeamSpeak claims they "are a small company with a flat hierarchy", flat like a pancake. Meanwhile at Discord...

Daica

Aug 18, 2015
My teamspeak server (about 25 people or so) switched to Discord after my server died. I prepaid for the server for 5 years ($5/month) and once it died, my server went to Discord.
They said they're never going back to TS3/5. Discord is so much more modern, has so many more features.
I think Teamspeak is on a sinking boat, trying to patch up whatever holes they find, but only create new holes because they're too stupid and prideful to jump ship.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
they're too stupid and prideful to jump ship
@Daica I partially agree with you in the sense that TeamSpeak has serious potential but their market is saturated by their competitor, Discord.

This is a simple case of business economics. Discord is blue, Skype/TeamSpeak are orange and red.

Discord's demand is simply high, because people like "free" stuff and since Discord received over $200,000,000 of investor funds, they were able to make a pretty scalable and simple project to then market the hell out of. It worked rather well! For now at least.

We know Discord CEO is a self-proclaimed "serial-entrepreneur" so this means his focus may eventually be on selling Discord although I do not believe he realized how big this entrepreneurial journey would become. He appears to be sticking closely with Discord for now but could sell at any point he wants to "cash out", he sure is more transparent and human than TeamSpeak.

TeamSpeak feels like a.. robot. The human element is just not there and transparency is lacking, very common within German business culture. German business is very private from my experience, whilst American culture can be more open/transparent. Correct me if I am wrong..

Awlok

Jan 1, 2018
I use the recurring teamspeak, but if the teamspeak 5 comes as like discord I'm going to leave the teamspeak.
Why use one copy if can i use original...

OvO

CipherSpeak Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Guys, did anyone ever see screenshots of teamspeak 5 ? or am I the only one who has never saw a ts5 screenshot?