TeamSpeak Client 3.2.0

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
As you all may know, Teamspeak did test the new beta client for a while now (since the end of june to be exact).
As announces yesterday, this new client will be made stable on Monday and therefore rolled out to all the clients.

Assuming that most of the users will proceed with the update, about every older server will be affected by this client-update, also.

The changes that are introduced..

=== Client Release 3.2.0 27 Jun 2018
! Dropped support for pre 3.1.0 TeamSpeak servers.
+ Introducing myTeamSpeak integrations for Twitch. Link your Twitch account
with your myTeamSpeak account and enjoy special benefits on TeamSpeak
servers of your subscribed Twitch streamers. This requires sending along
your myTeamSpeak ID, enabling the server to check if your account is
subscribed to the Streamer.
- fixed bug where the client show the wrong client info if the client loads multiple icons
- Various myTeamSpeak Sync bug fixes and improvements.
- Client does not show a myTeamspeak ID error anymore when connecting to a pre
3.3.0 server.
- minor fix in myTeamSpeak ID creation if requested by multiple clients.
+ improved server tree performance.
+ Added proper error handling for integrations if the TeamSpeak server has a
huge time difference.
- Server integration cache is updated properly even if the integration was
deleted and added again while connected.
- Fixed problem assigning the desired groups when logging in to an account
while connected to a TeamSpeak server.
- Updated handling in myTeamSpeak options tab in case of connection issues.
- Fixed sorting of groups in server integration drop down box.
- Privilege key error dialog now only appears once when using an invalid key.
+ Improved server integration management dialog. Does not resize to the
content anymore.
- Fixed German translation.
- Fixed behavior where the client didn't show an error message if a problem
occurs while manipulating server integrations.
- Made styling for server integration management dialog possible.
=== Client Release 3.2.0 26 Jul 2018
- Fixed crash that occurs when the client request the Twitch subscription
status.
=== Client Release 3.2.0 02 Aug 2018
- Fixed error where the client does not handle a myTeamSpeakID update properly.
=== Client Release 3.2.0 13 Aug 2018
* Smaller updates in connection initialisation handling.

Of all those changes, dropping support for pre-3.1.0 teamspeak servers seems like the biggest one.

This will prevent older servers to be used from all clients including and above version 3.2.0.

With the server AND the client both checking the license from servers, it is very hard to find and create a working crack for servers beginning with version 3.1.0 without also changing the client (which would be possible, but would not make a lot of sense assuming most of the clients not knowing they are using a cracked server)

This basically means TeamSpeak will probably see quite a drop in usage simply because cracked servers will no longer work for most of the users.

What are your opinions on this topic seeing the new client beeing released on Monday?
What will the affect be on TeamSpeak ittself?
Will this boost other voice services like Discord or Mumble?

Im very interested to hear your thoughts on this ;)
Have a nice weekend and don't forget to apply for a NPL before your cracked server runs out ;)

Najsr

TeamSpeak Developer
Apr 23, 2016
I would like to see an open source alternative for TeamSpeak client that would support both 3.1 and pre-3.1 servers with all basic features and also some extra :)
Edit: Maybe a new project for whole Dev team? :)

iKaros

Restricted
Oct 4, 2017
I think this will lower more than 30% of users. This is good?
Yes and no, Teamspeak 3 already knows that this will happen, and that people will fall, but if they stop using the application more than expected, the prices of the licenses will probably change (personal opinion).

I'm glad they're worried about fixing their application, even if I screwed up paying for my server's high prices.

kalle

high minded
Contributor
Oct 28, 2015
I expect something good from TS5 because devs didnt do anything new on ts3. Version after version was just bug fixing, nothing major except license system.
So better to be something good, or they will fall from competition.

It seems clear to me, but the teamspeak framework will change right?
Yes and no. If they want to change it, Scp is active and he will make update for framework.

typer

Sep 13, 2015
So applications for NPL will be opned on Monday. We will see what they changed.

SossenSystems

TeamSpeak Developer
Sep 8, 2015
TeaSpeak is the best alternative to the server!
Apart from the TeaWeb client (web.teaspeak.de), there is no alternative to the client...

BaByBoY

Nov 2, 2016
I would like to see an open source alternative for TeamSpeak client that would support both 3.1 and pre-3.1 servers with all basic features and also some extra :)
Edit: Maybe a new project for whole Dev team?

There is already what you ask for, in short it will be updated ... and open source .. it is called teaspeak and it must be said that it works really well ... (if this violates any rule of the forum I apologize, and I would ask you to delete this message )

FarisDev

L oryh brx
Contributor
Jun 9, 2016
I think this will lower more than 30% of users. This is good?
Yes and no, Teamspeak 3 already knows that this will happen, and that people will fall, but if they stop using the application more than expected, the prices of the licenses will probably change (personal opinion).

I'm glad they're worried about fixing their application, even if I screwed up paying for my server's high prices.

It's will boost other original servers %30. not users.. because the cracked is the server , not the client.

iKaros

Restricted
Oct 4, 2017
It's will boost other original servers %30. not users.. because the cracked is the server , not the client.
But a lot of people have one own server to friends, and they prefer this than others solutions.

FarisDev

L oryh brx
Contributor
Jun 9, 2016
But a lot of people have one own server to friends, and they prefer this than others solutions.

Okay, no problem, but 32 users is okay for friends, more than 32 is a community not a friend server..

xPRoTeiNN

Dec 6, 2015
Im just wondering that are there anyone working on an alternative to TeaSpeak ? Why R4P3 staff leading us to TeaSpeak ?

denka

Restricted
Apr 26, 2015
Im just wondering that are there anyone working on an alternative to TeaSpeak ? Why R4P3 staff leading us to TeaSpeak ?
Because they have no solution for Teamspeak :D And if they don't do this the forum will die so no more money

Ahmed772

Dec 15, 2016
1. how do i put my teamspeak sqitle to the teaspeak
2.how do i get the yatqa password because i didnt recive one
3.does the bots work on the teaspeak?

shevon fonseka

Sep 14, 2015
1. how do i put my teamspeak sqitle to the teaspeak
2.how do i get the yatqa password because i didnt recive one
3.does the bots work on the teaspeak?

just get a snapshot of the teamspeak using yatqa and make a new teaspeak server and connect with yatqa then restore the backup you took.
so far music bots works. no clue about management bots