Teamspeak Client with Plugins but no graphical interface

zPo

Mar 24, 2016
Hi!

I am using a Teamspeakbot, created by me. It is able to create Channel when needed. I need to use a quiet expensive Cloud vps with Debian 8 (Jessie) (64 bits).
To open teamspeak you need a graphical interface.
Is there a workaround to run the standard tsclient without?

dedmen

TeamSpeak Developer
Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
Most of the stuff you could probably do via Query. There is no way AFAIK to start teamspeak without ui. Try with a query bot first.. the only thing that cant do is receive or send audio.

shockli

Contributor
Jan 29, 2016
Most of the stuff you could probably do via Query. There is no way AFAIK to start teamspeak without ui. Try with a query bot first.. the only thing that cant do is receive or send audio.
technically one can send sound without a graphical interface, but teamspeak will never support a cli version :/

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
Code:
 Apt-get update&&Apt-get upgrade -y
Apt-get install dialog xorg lxde-core xrdp
Go to your windows button and search for '' remote control '' enter the iP, username and password and u're finish with your graphical interface.. Now you can install teamspeak. But the most hoster didn't like that because it costs much traffic, CPU traffic and ram traffic :p
Edit : you can also try it with xde interface but it's shit... Not working for me... But my method should work :)
btw never use gnome on ur vps... It crashes your server and u must reinstall it.

Unskilled GNU/Linux Administrators: The above will also install the lxde (desktop environment) core package which in this case will conflict with any actual desktop environment you are/might be using!

I suggest you make a backup before proceeding

xfce*

-Derp

shockli

Contributor
Jan 29, 2016
Unskilled GNU/Linux Administrators: The above will also install the lxde (desktop environment) core package which in this case will conflict with any actual desktop environment you are/might be using!

I suggest you make a backup before proceeding

xfce*

-Derp
While the like button is meant as a replacement for thanks I want to say thank you again. Not only is xrdp not the way to go with linux you will have trouble keeping your X session upon logout. Use Linux the way it was meant to be used. You can easily set up a desktop environment to run multiple instances inside multiple X sessions for all your clients. Hell, you can make a script that does this for you.