Teamspeak Query PHP Scripts

XRV-Webix

May 2, 2016
Hello all.
I've seen here and around the web a lot of php scripts and java software to somewhat give more features to teamspeak server.
Apart i am not against those, i have to point out an aspect that hundred, thousands of you are missing: The teamspeak query is meant for management only.
I've seen servers with 10/15 scripts connected on the query. Some of these scripts are even configured on cron to run every minute, and others they run even every second.
Some of my VPS clients, complain that when they run their teamspeak with NPL, their server is slow, has high ping or some packet loss. When i check, the VPS is out of resources. This is due to the big amount of these scripts running in background.
On one of the VPS i looked at the CPU/RAM usage, i see:
- 12 php processes consuming each 4% of CPU and 70Mb of RAM.
- 4 apache processes consuming each 8% of CPU and 180Mb of RAM.
- 1 ts3server process consuming 18% of CPU and 400Mb of RAM.
Enough to say that the rest of the system must run on the 2% of CPU and 40Mb of RAM left.
What i want to say is...
- Be reasonable with the scripts you use.
- Don't use scripts that run every second (like time bots).
- Keep your teamspeak query usage to a minimum.
- Don't blame your provider for the $h1t you do. If you subscribe a VPS with a certain amount of resources, monitor those resources. Don't be greedy!
- And mainly: Don't think you know everything! You don't! You never did and you never will!

Sorry about this message, but i am sure many host providers out there face the same problem. It may be only me making a general complain to users/clients who don't know anything about something and because they know how to install a teamspeak server, they think they know all answers of the world. I just opened a discussion that i believe is common to everyone. ;)

Cheers to everyone.