Suggestion TS Flooding - Occupying Servers

heavybob

Oct 6, 2015
Anyone tried messing with teamspeak clients to achieve a complete server takeover by client occupation?
Antiflood checks client unique ids to determine the threshold limit then checks ips on the client to determine the overhanging limit.
If a server doesn't have reserve slots working correctly, empty ts servers could be taken over by bots preventing players from connecting.
Why hasn't anyone tried this yet?

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Because the effort is not really worth it (to my eyes). A serverquery can kick those. And then you ban the ip.

heavybob

Oct 6, 2015
Because the effort is not really worth it (to my eyes). A serverquery can kick those. And then you ban the ip.
Most server owners who buy ts don't have access to serverquery. Hosting groups generally don't allow server query.

Kieran

Tag me
Contributor
Jan 1, 2016
Anyone tried messing with teamspeak clients to achieve a complete server takeover by client occupation?
Antiflood checks client unique ids to determine the threshold limit then checks ips on the client to determine the overhanging limit.
If a server doesn't have reserve slots working correctly, empty ts servers could be taken over by bots preventing players from connecting.
Why hasn't anyone tried this yet?
I have tried that. Doesn't really work if the server admin knows how to use server queries because those dont count as clients. Bans all of them and server is free again.

CanadiansEh

Contributor
Jun 26, 2016
I have tried that. Doesn't really work if the server admin knows how to use server queries because those dont count as clients. Bans all of them and server is free again.
A lot of people aren't smart and overall this would be a great project to work on tbh