TS3 Server 3.1 - New Accounting / License System!

Filiposd

Dec 6, 2016
I suggest what to use the old client and crack the ts3 emulator too so he does not need Accounting and Licensing.
It would be best if we had a source code from a newer version

We have to join forces!

XRV-Webix

May 2, 2016
I suggest what to use the old client and crack the ts3 emulator too so he does not need Accounting and Licensing.
It would be best if we had a source code from a newer version

We have to join forces!
That is not a solution mate.
Think about this: I develop a client or crack myself the client and made it available...
  1. How many people do you think that will download it and use it?
  2. Why will people download my client, wich is unofficial, instead of the official and free one?
It's easy to say "let's crack the client and the server and all our problems will be solved!" But you only think on your belly! 99.99% (to not say 100%) of my Teamspeak users use the client downloaded from the official website. And if you suggest them to download a cracked client, they will not.

Also, a cracked client cannot connect to the up-to-date servers. So... how many users do you think that will have 2 client installations to connect to cracked and official servers?
You all want cracked servers to make profit with your little pseudo-business. If i didn't had a official ATHP, i would rather go with a NPL (now you can create till 10 servers and not for selling ofc) or with a AAL. And also, make pressure on Teamspeak to lower their slot price.

Guys, stick with official. ;) (yeah! I am totally against cracked servers and clients! And I cross my fingers that nobody can ever crack the new 3.1.0)

eXeT

May 11, 2017
That is not a solution mate.
Think about this: I develop a client or crack myself the client and made it available...
  1. How many people do you think that will download it and use it?
  2. Why will people download my client, wich is unofficial, instead of the official and free one?
It's easy to say "let's crack the client and the server and all our problems will be solved!" But you only think on your belly! 99.99% (to not say 100%) of my Teamspeak users use the client downloaded from the official website. And if you suggest them to download a cracked client, they will not.

Also, a cracked client cannot connect to the up-to-date servers. So... how many users do you think that will have 2 client installations to connect to cracked and official servers?
You all want cracked servers to make profit with your little pseudo-business. If i didn't had a official ATHP, i would rather go with a NPL (now you can create till 10 servers and not for selling ofc) or with a AAL. And also, make pressure on Teamspeak to lower their slot price.

Guys, stick with official. ;) (yeah! I am totally against cracked servers and clients! And I cross my fingers that nobody can ever crack the new 3.1.0)

God, everyone's known for a long time that you're against it.
Despite the fact that some customers just need a server with a large number of slots for personal needs.
Many do not want to pay a lot of money for a slow-growing product.
To crack, it's a matter of time.

IMHO!

P.S. Sorry for bad English, man :rolleyes:

XRV-Webix

May 2, 2016

I doubt that would be that easy. It was already said (not only here but also on other forums) that it doesn't worth to crack it. Also, just the fact that all the communication between the server and the accounting server is done on HTTPS protocol makes it harder to crack. Just take an example, how many banks (that have proprietary systems to login) you see with their webpage cracked?

Yes, it just a matter of time if a dev would want to do it. But remember, once the software is updated again, it will take (again) the same amount of time to crack.

eXeT

May 11, 2017
I doubt that would be that easy. It was already said (not only here but also on other forums) that it doesn't worth to crack it. Also, just the fact that all the communication between the server and the accounting server is done on HTTPS protocol makes it harder to crack. Just take an example, how many banks (that have proprietary systems to login) you see with their webpage cracked?

Yes, it just a matter of time if a dev would want to do it. But remember, once the software is updated again, it will take (again) the same amount of time to crack.

People are willing to be patient and wait))

Splamy

TeamSpeak Developer
Apr 26, 2016
I don't think so anymore.
Since we finished reversing the protocol we now understand what teamspeak changed.
The problem for cracking is, that the license is tied into the creation of the session key with the server.
This means you will have to binary patch the server at multiple locations for each version which will come out. AND the client must be modified in a exact way to match this cracked version.
And at this point I think it would be easier to develop an own server or client.

the communication between the server and the accounting server is done on HTTPS protocol makes it harder to crack. Just take an example, how many banks (that have proprietary systems to login) you see with their webpage cracked?
Uh you do realize the difference that bank sites do not give you their banking server to self-host and reverse? Teamspeak distributes the server software, which means you have a binary and can modify the assemble in any way you want if you have enough spare time.

XRV-Webix

May 2, 2016
Uh you do realize the difference that bank sites do not give you their banking server to self-host and reverse? Teamspeak distributes the server software, which means you have a binary and can modify the assemble in any way you want if you have enough spare time.

Depends of the banks. My bank (and many others) provide an APP to install on the smartphone so you can access your bank account from your phone with your fingerprint (by example).
I am not comparing the application itself, but the protocol used for comunication (HTTPS). Did you ever tried to reverse a Digital Certificate? Does it worth to do it? In 2009, a security blog (i can google for it) stated that a 768bit digital certificate would take 6 months to crack and a 1024bit, 1 year. How long you think a 2048bit would take?

How i see things (doesn't mean that it's done that way):
- You successfully cracked (after 1 year if the DC is 1024bit) the certificate and was able to decrypt all communication between the server and the accounting server.
Teamspeak just have to update their DC and re-change the checks on the accounting server and the server itself and you are back to square one.

Note: This is just a side note about Digital Certificates (many people don't really know what they are!), i am not saying that things are done that way with Teamspeak. ;)

Splamy

TeamSpeak Developer
Apr 26, 2016
You successfully cracked (after 1 year if the DC is 1024bit) the certificate and was able to decrypt all communication between the server and the accounting server.
Uhm, cracking the communication to the accounting server neither gives you any useful information, nor is it really necessary. You can simply install a local HTTPS proxy and see the entire communication.
Hell, you have the binary! You can read everything you want from it, debug it and change memory during runtime.
Teamspeak uses Ed25519 for they licenses which are among the safest curves we have right now. So cracking it is out of question (unless you wanna win a nobel prize).
And the thing is only Teamspeak owns the private key, which is never sent.
This doesnt mean you cant modify the server and client with a lot of work to ignore those checks; it's just nobody will do that because, as you already said, noone will use it or the userbase will be insignificantly small.

latters

Oct 25, 2016
the price of servers will rise a lot, the user base of teamspeak only decreases every day, after this upgrade will decrease further.

XRV-Webix

May 2, 2016
the price of servers will rise a lot, the user base of teamspeak only decreases every day, after this upgrade will decrease further.
I don't see why it should rise. It's been stable for some years already. If you have a lot of slots sold, you can negotiate the slot price with them.

latters

Oct 25, 2016
Uhm, cracking the communication to the accounting server neither gives you any useful information, nor is it really necessary. You can simply install a local HTTPS proxy and see the entire communication.
Hell, you have the binary! You can read everything you want from it, debug it and change memory during runtime.
Teamspeak uses Ed25519 for they licenses which are among the safest curves we have right now. So cracking it is out of question (unless you wanna win a nobel prize).
And the thing is only Teamspeak owns the private key, which is never sent.
This doesnt mean you cant modify the server and client with a lot of work to ignore those checks; it's just nobody will do that because, as you already said, noone will use it or the userbase will be insignificantly small.

a cracked server with an online client would be fantastic :)

XRV-Webix

May 2, 2016
a cracked server with an online client would be fantastic :)
Are you reading it correctly?
So cracking it is out of question (unless you wanna win a nobel prize).

I am happy if it's not possible to crack the server. I would rather create a petition to lower the price of the slots.
Anyway... why would you want a cracked server? The NPL license can handle 512 slots and 10 servers. Isn't it enough? When i look on the global server list i don't find many servers with 512 slots completely full!
Also, if you can fill up a NPL server with 512 slots with real (i mean real, not bots!) clients, your website should have enough visits to generate income with Google ADs or something that generate enough to buy a AAL license.
Anyway, no need to go illegal.

BIOS

Knowledge Seeker
VIP
Oct 10, 2015

I am happy if it's not possible to crack the server. I would rather create a petition to lower the price of the slots.
Anyway... why would you want a cracked server? The NPL license can handle 512 slots and 10 servers. Isn't it enough? When i look on the global server list i don't find many servers with 512 slots completely full!
Also, if you can fill up a NPL server with 512 slots with real (i mean real, not bots!) clients, your website should have enough visits to generate income with Google ADs or something that generate enough to buy a AAL license.

new NPL licenses only 2 servers and 512 slots

XRV-Webix

May 2, 2016
new NPL licenses only 2 servers and 512 slots
Hello zadika.
I confirmed yesterday that the new NPL licenses you can create till 10 servers and 512 slots.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

But still... it's forbidden to make profit from it. ;)

Last edited:

MiKE1337

Nov 17, 2015
Hello zadika.
I confirmed yesterday that the new NPL licenses you can create till 10 servers and 512 slots.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

But still... it's forbidden to make profit from it. ;)
not all new licenses have 10 virtual servers... my license is two or three months old.
it seems to me like teamspeak issue the NPL licenses randomly, someone gets 2 virtual servers, someone 10. I didn't see any system in it :rolleyes:

kgMKfR9.png

latters

Oct 25, 2016

I'm talking about a WEB client via browser, and a modified and cracked server for this WEB client.

If it is this way I doubt it will not use :)

Stop defending teamspeak for their own interests $$$$

Wolfie

Sep 12, 2015
For me, I personally need a cracked TS3 because I am hosting FREE TS3s. I have 17 TS servers and, what will be happening if I put them all together? I am not making any money from it........
The reason for not putting all together is one, as I have OVH Game DDoS protection. That's the only reason I need a cracked TS.

I don't know if 512 slots will solve all of my problems, but the nuber of the server definitly will not......