TS3 Server 3.1 - New Accounting / License System!

Newcomer1989

May 8, 2016
I also have a license, and I also see cracked servers, and the uptime of my servers is 100% for months.

What does it have to do with the topic? Either you host your server cracked and want to show me how professional you are or you are a legal hoster and want to advertise a bit ;-)

Do you think teamspeak does not think about money?

Yes they does.. Only thing what I've tried to explain, it was not the main reason to found the company. The last two years I must definitely agree with you.

U $ 0.12 per slot think it is a reasonable price ?, in conversion this value becomes absurdly high.

0.12 $ per month for an unlimited voice communication per user.. IMHO that is not expensive.. I wish I could have a flatrate costs like this for my mobile ;-)
In fact what we get the last 2 years as updates, yes it is not reasonable any more.

If the slot value were lower, there would be fewer cracked servers and more licensed companies in the market, that's a fact.

.. and also more unqualified hoster, yes

you're a teamspeak bag puller, I'm not going to waste my time or mess this thread up when I answer it.

Have I attacked you personal? No, your comment is unneeded!
And by the way.. The best way to answers a question is to answer it with another question ;-)

dedmen

TeamSpeak Developer
Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
And then you really think it is a good thing for the community (users) to pay for cracked TS3 servers? There are enough hostings, which offer server with a cracked license. And they are such as professional, that they close their hosting from one to another day, crap the money and they are away.
I think, no, that is not good for the users!

I have a sponsoring for TeamSpeak and have experience for more then ten years. I know the stories, I know how frustrated the users are, which wasted their money on that shitty hostings.

I hope, that with this update the TeamSpeak community will get much more professional in future. If there are not any more kiddies which are 12 in their mind and are able to host a TS3 server and sell it. The last years it goes only downfalls with the community.

And one more thing.. I know TeamSpeak from nearly beginning on. TeamSpeak was not a company which only want to make money. The founders of TeamSpeak were been the community. They were one of us.. They were gamer and had an idea and made a great software.
And yes, the last years it changed. But why? Cause people cracked that software and do one to another day any other shit with it. And now they need more manpower to solve the license issues instead of correct bugs and code new features. :(

I really hope the next update will solve that license problems and they will have the time and invest the time in new things.. perhaps a webclient or a secure query connection.

If that will still work with the new client.. And then the most user will not have it. Some will never install something like a crack. So what user you will reach with it?
The actual crack is only working, cause there is only server side something needed. If every use needs to do something to be able to connect to your cracked server, there will remain less then 10% of the user.. Much fun with it ;-)

I was also a huge Teamspeak fan back in like 2009 when I got old enough to play games. Never had problems with them and loved them for what they do. Then one year I refresh my NPL license that I've had for about 3 years, and out of the blue they denied. Why? Because i had a donation link on our Clans website to help pay the server.
That was the moment when I said "Fuck you Teamspeak".

latters

Oct 25, 2016
I was also a huge Teamspeak fan back in like 2009 when I got old enough to play games. Never had problems with them and loved them for what they do. Then one year I refresh my NPL license that I've had for about 3 years, and out of the blue they denied. Why? Because i had a donation link on our Clans website to help pay the server.
That was the moment when I said "Fuck you Teamspeak".
I'm with you, if you need any help talk to me and I'll be more than happy to contribute.

alcahuete

Aug 26, 2016
0.12 $ per month for an unlimited voice communication per user.. IMHO that is not expensive..

If only it was $0.12 per month. "The minimum monthly license fee is $24 for the first 12 months and $120 thereafter."

So after a year, you are paying for 1000 slots whether you actually use that many or not.

latters

Oct 25, 2016
If only it was $0.12 per month. "The minimum monthly license fee is $24 for the first 12 months and $120 thereafter."

So after a year, you are paying for 1000 slots whether you actually use that many or not.

you also need to add the currency conversion rate from one country to another where you end up increasing that value even more by adding this to other expenses and all inutill paperwork that is requested to approve your license.

finally, teamspeak is going to the place where they were plotting to death time.
99% of wow players for example nowadays only use discord.

cuncuska

Jan 30, 2016
you also need to add the currency conversion rate from one country to another where you end up increasing that value even more by adding this to other expenses and all inutill paperwork that is requested to approve your license.

finally, teamspeak is going to the place where they were plotting to death time.
99% of wow players for example nowadays only use discord.
I wow player and my guild Raids discord use.

NELAX

Jan 7, 2018

It does not cost much for a real company.
Most of the services that use crack licenses (which sell them) are without a real company.

NELAX

Jan 7, 2018
Yes it does not cost much for a company, it does cost MUCH for the average consumer
Oh yes, but honestly said I would rather go to a legal company than in a crack (which could disappear at any moment). If instead the TeamSpeak is on your server (VPS) it is safe.

alcahuete

Aug 26, 2016
It does not cost much for a real company.

It actually does. $120/mo. plus the cost of a dedicated server and you're already over $200/mo. In the grand scheme of things, yes, it's not a whole lot for a company to spend, but you have to have thousands of slots just to break even. It's not a very profitable business model, considering the vast majority of TS users have moved to Discord.

NELAX

Jan 7, 2018
It actually does. $120/mo. plus the cost of a dedicated server and you're already over $200/mo. In the grand scheme of things, yes, it's not a whole lot for a company to spend, but you have to have thousands of slots just to break even. It's not a very profitable business model, considering the vast majority of TS users have moved to Discord.
As already said for a company (real) and not sites opened by minors, is little.
There are too many sites that sell with crack licenses. A company should only run with licenses and not crack.

Harrasan

Restricted
Jul 18, 2015
New version crack? :)
Apparently, it's not possible to crack the server without cracking the client too... which is bad as users probably won't download a modified TS client.

Would it be possible to create some kind of loader or plugin for the client that bypasses the new accounting? While the TeaSpeak server is an interesting alternative, it's by far not feature complete, breaks a lot of permissions and it's closed source... so I don't see a reason to switch from one propriatary software to another. If there were an open source TS server compatible alternative I'd switch instantly and even pay for it.

alcahuete

Aug 26, 2016
As already said for a company (real) and not sites opened by minors, is little.

If you can fill the slots...yes. There aren't a lot of people that pay for Teamspeak anymore, considering Discord, so being charged $120/mo. whether you actually have that many slots or not, is not necessarily a sound business decision.

gamesbond

Jul 21, 2015
Apparently, it's not possible to crack the server without cracking the client too... which is bad as users probably won't download a modified TS client.

Would it be possible to create some kind of loader or plugin for the client that bypasses the new accounting? While the TeaSpeak server is an interesting alternative, it's by far not feature complete, breaks a lot of permissions and it's closed source... so I don't see a reason to switch from one propriatary software to another. If there were an open source TS server compatible alternative I'd switch instantly and even pay for it.
I think that our administrator will search a method for cracking

KappaJoe

Jul 6, 2017

TeaSpeak, from my understanding is now open source.

Sorry, I thought I saw somewhere it was open-source with an open Github repo.