[Tutorial] TS3 Server Watchdog

Najsr

TeamSpeak Developer
Apr 23, 2016
Hello,
I found an interesting script to monitor process so I decided to edit it for TS3 server and Acounting server Emulator. (Hope I am first on the forum who made this, coz I didn't find it)
I decided to put it in /var directory. Everything that is bold is command that I entered in bash.
Make sure you have cron installed --> apt-get install cron
nano /var/checker.sh

CODE for the FILE (Don't forget to edit paths and name for Acounting Server Emulator): You save it and do: chmod +x /var/checker.sh
Now you type crontab -e
And Add following line (For checking every minute):
* * * * * /var/checker.sh
Or for every 5 minutes:
*/5 * * * * /var/checker.sh

+ startscript (/etc/init.d/ts3server)You save it and you are done!
BTW: Log of every check will be saved in /var/logs/ASE.txt for Accounting Server Emulator and /var/logs/ts3server.txt for TS3 Server itself

Last edited:

timodohmen

Oct 16, 2015
Hello,
I found an interesting script to monitor process so I decided to edit it for TS3 server and Acounting server Emulator. (Hope I am first on the forum who made this, coz I didn't find it)
I decided to put it in /var directory. Everything that is bold is command that I entered in bash.
nano /var/checker.sh
CODE for the FILE (Don't forget to edit paths and name for Acounting Server Emulator): You save it and do: chmod +x /var/checker.sh
Now you type crontab -e
And Add following line (For checking every minute):
* * * * * /var/checker.sh
Or for every 5 minutes:
*/5 * * * * /var/checker.sh

You save it and you are done!
BTW: Log of every check will be saved in /var/logs/ASE.txt for Accounting Server Emulator and /var/logs/ts3server.txt for TS3 Server itself
Mate nice idea ! i will test it now but you make yourself too much work , one of our forum members have edit the normal startscript so that the Accouting server emulator start automaticly
look here :)
https://r4p3.net/threads/startscript-with-accounting.2215/

Najsr

TeamSpeak Developer
Apr 23, 2016
I forgot to add the startscript I am using. (It server is running it will not start it again)
It will just start the ASE

timodohmen

Oct 16, 2015
I forgot to add the startscript I am using. (It server is running it will not start it again)
It will just start the ASE
*It server is running it will not start it again*
DAFQ ? What you want to tell me ? hahaha

Najsr

TeamSpeak Developer
Apr 23, 2016
*It server is running it will not start it again*
DAFQ ? What you want to tell me ? hahaha
Never mind man :D Edited the checker script so it directly starts server or Accounting Server Emulator

maz.b

Jan 30, 2016
It works like a charm, tested it on a vps "Test server" it starts both when it isn't running.
& got it on my normal server. Thq!!!! :rolleyes::cool:

E: The test machine is running Debian 8.5 Jessie, and my normal machine is running on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS.