[Tutorial] Your own screenshot server

Kleberstoff

Knowledge Seeker
VIP
Dec 29, 2015
i gave it 777 all ready
b3627d55b8c7449e94a08f9fbf7a0ac4.png
ade9c9ae805e46be87b4da8300d171ef.png

All seems, correct. Also if your censoring the Key in the Upload file you might want to do the same on the ShareX Image.
But everything seems to be correct there, so i can't really help you there, assuming you might wanna check your PHP/Firewall/Webserver.

RSX

Dec 18, 2016
Typical don't use 777 propaganda. Don't spread bullshit like this. At the end of the day, it's safe as fuck to do, and the only issues you will come across will be your fault. Someone uploading a php script you not only serve but actually run as well is your own damn fault. It's funny you mentioned that thread given the second reply completely goes against what you're trying to say.

PS:
> Forums>Software>Security Discussion>
> Advice like this
Good meme.

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Typical don't use 777 propaganda. Don't spread bullshit like this. At the end of the day, it's safe as fuck to do, and the only issues you will come across will be your fault. Someone uploading a php script you not only serve but actually run as well is your own damn fault. It's funny you mentioned that thread given the second reply completely goes against what you're trying to say.

PS:
> Forums>Software>Security Discussion>
> Advice like this
Good meme.
You seem a bit salty. I was just lazy with constructing an argument about having only the necessary permissions (to reduce an eventual attack surface, you know, bad coding and all) so I dumped a link. Now calm your tits.

RSX

Dec 18, 2016
You seem a bit salty. I was just lazy with constructing an argument about having only the necessary permissions (to reduce an eventual attack surface, you know, bad coding and all) so I dumped a link. Now calm your tits.
How can one be salty despite when I've never came across you yet? Also, what about my tits? Perhaps if you want a saltyless person, you shouldn't come up with pathetic straw mans and post the first link you see when you google a certain phrase.

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
How can one be salty despite when I've never came across you yet? Also, what about my tits? Perhaps if you want a saltyless person, you shouldn't come up with pathetic straw mans and post the first link you see when you google a certain phrase.
Wait what, I thought you weren't salty ?
Also points are made. I don't see why you're making a big fuss about all that, since my link was addressed to some people who would never bother to read it past the title x)

nerdoron

May 2, 2018
I get this error:
Code:
Response parse failed.
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.ReadFrom(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.Parse(String json, JsonLoadSettings settings)
   at ShareX.HelpersLib.Helpers.ParseJSON(String text, String jsonPath)
   at ShareX.UploadersLib.CustomUploaderItem.ParseSyntax(String syntax, Boolean output)
   at ShareX.UploadersLib.CustomUploaderItem.ParseURL(String url, Boolean output)
   at ShareX.UploadersLib.CustomUploaderItem.ParseResponse(UploadResult result, Boolean isShortenedURL)
   at ShareX.UploadersLib.ImageUploaders.CustomImageUploader.Upload(Stream stream, String fileName)

MrWolf

Retired Staff
Contributor
Dec 27, 2016
I get this error:
Code:
Response parse failed.
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.ReadFrom(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.Parse(String json, JsonLoadSettings settings)
   at ShareX.HelpersLib.Helpers.ParseJSON(String text, String jsonPath)
   at ShareX.UploadersLib.CustomUploaderItem.ParseSyntax(String syntax, Boolean output)
   at ShareX.UploadersLib.CustomUploaderItem.ParseURL(String url, Boolean output)
   at ShareX.UploadersLib.CustomUploaderItem.ParseResponse(UploadResult result, Boolean isShortenedURL)
   at ShareX.UploadersLib.ImageUploaders.CustomImageUploader.Upload(Stream stream, String fileName)
Create FTP account and connect it to Sharex its way easier if you need it fast.