VIP Only Cyber Security Education

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
Websites like this offer cyber security education for a free trial or paid. They claim to teach

1. Welcome to CISSP (16 min)
2. CIA Concepts (4 min)
3. Policies (13 min)
4. Risk (13 min)
5. Control Types (17 min)
6. Security Awareness Training (6 min)
7. Ethical Hacking (13 min)
8. Symmetric Cryptography (19 min)
9. Asymmetric Cryptography (24 min)
10. Fire (16 min)
11. Physical Security (13 min)
12. Electric Power (12 min)
13. OSI Lower Layers (29 min)
14. OSI Upper Layers (24 min)
15. Firewalls (21 min)
16. VPNs (27 min)
17. Attacks (21 min)
18. Authentication Concepts (9 min)
19. Multifactor Authentication (15 min)
20. Centralized Management (17 min)
21. SSO and Security Threats (25 min)
22. Computing System Evaluations (15 min)
23. Security Model Details (11 min)
24. Availability and Integrity Design (14 min)
25. IDS and IPS (17 min)
26. Controls for Operational Security (19 min)
27. Separation of Duties (18 min)
28. Backups and Media (16 min)
29. DR and BC (20 min)
30. Malware (14 min)
31. Evidence (12 min)
32. Laws and Liability (10 min)
33. Incident Response (15 min)
34. System and Software Security (16 min)
35. Virtualization and Cloud (13 min)
36. 2700x (6 min)
37. Federated Identities (11 min)
38. EPA (16 min)
39. Monitoring and More (12 min)

Would anyone be interested in learning about this in the VIP section by one of our team members instructing via YouTube videos embedded in the forum?

Kleberstoff

Knowledge Seeker
VIP
Dec 29, 2015
I would be super Interessted, even tho I basicly don't have anytime - would still watch them and call it worth.
And I strongly agree with I3i4cK0uT that you can NEVER learn to much.

MrWolf

Retired Staff
Contributor
Dec 27, 2016
I would be super Interessted, even tho I basicly don't have anytime - would still watch them and call it worth.
And I strongly agree with I3i4cK0uT that you can NEVER learn to much.
Well :D:p
I couldn't tell that for my classes :rolleyes:
But yeah true learning over the internet is way more funny and interesting, people learn more when they are not pushed to do it.
Thumbs up :p

Last edited:

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
We will look into providing VIP members with access to training materials. I think it would be a lot of fun to offer courses/classes to individuals. Do any of you have other topics/interests you would like to learn more about?
@Thalorim
@Kleberstoff
@MrWolf
@I3I4cK0uT

I3I4cK0uT

I blow up things like Discord when I'm bored.
Dec 20, 2016
I think it could be awesome to have some training from the basiscs to an advanced level. On linux for example, usyally every user that haven't done this kind of things have used only windows, so the change to linux will be a bit stunning. I think creating a training from basic in linux to advanced level, will help all this users that don't know how to execute or config lots of things you have in R4P3.

MrWolf

Retired Staff
Contributor
Dec 27, 2016
Create different parts of that "class" from lvl 1 - 5 (just example) starting with 1(noob) to 5 (advanced level and making your way into knowing everything that you would need to do it on your own)

Kleberstoff

Knowledge Seeker
VIP
Dec 29, 2015
We will look into providing VIP members with access to training materials. I think it would be a lot of fun to offer courses/classes to individuals. Do any of you have other topics/interests you would like to learn more about?
@Kleberstoff

For myself, I would love to look more into Cyber Security, not only Server Side, maybe even Mobile Phones and stuff. Would be interessting imo.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
One more question, do you think any of you would be at all interested in preparing or teaching these types of materials. I am interested in putting online an LMS for us (Learning Management System) and it would be cool to have volunteers help to teach some of the classes. A lot of the material is out there and freely available, anyone can put a computer science class together nowadays with all the info at our fingertips. The key is being a good instructor by making things easy and even fun to remember.

Or have the education be hands-on where someone is going along in for example Kali Linux with you at the same time. I feel interactive training/learning helps to remember learned content.

@Thalorim
@Kleberstoff
@MrWolf
@I3I4cK0uT

I3I4cK0uT

I blow up things like Discord when I'm bored.
Dec 20, 2016
I don't know anything about program, that's why I'm interested on it, but I can help you with marketing tasks if you need, that's what I've studied and my current job, and I could help you also with some designs with Photoshop if you need. :)

MrWolf

Retired Staff
Contributor
Dec 27, 2016
One more question, do you think any of you would be at all interested in preparing or teaching these types of materials. I am interested in putting online an LMS for us (Learning Management System) and it would be cool to have volunteers help to teach some of the classes. A lot of the material is out there and freely available, anyone can put a computer science class together nowadays with all the info at our fingertips. The key is being a good instructor by making things easy and even fun to remember.

Or have the education be hands-on where someone is going along in for example Kali Linux with you at the same time. I feel interactive training/learning helps to remember learned content.

@Thalorim
@Kleberstoff
@MrWolf
@I3I4cK0uT

I can create basic tech guides regarding some DIY projects that has electricity in it if i have some time this weekend.
I can do others homework xD

Also can do basic internet tutorials regarding code etc. online security, not sure about other things im not into software part of computers.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
I am currently sick with the common cold (body feels weak, nonstop coughing). After I am feeling better I look forward to work on some informative videos on related topics and aim to put together a basic hacking and development course.

Does anyone know much about hacking hardware to find software vulnerabilities?:
https://labs.mwrinfosecurity.com/blog/hacking-embedded-devices-uart-consoles/
http://jcjc-dev.com/2016/04/08/reversing-huawei-router-1-find-uart/
http://www.sexviahex.com/course-syllabus.html

I think that would be a really fun course to build if anyone else has interest in hardware hacking..

Reactions: KUL